Aa BIG thanks to the signing stalker

bobjs

Hi Declan

just to say thanks very much for going out of your way to bring the lanber to my home today, its just what i need for the forth comming season and i will not get any stick now for having a baikal ;) :)

the gun is in mint condition and far better than you stated.

best of luck with the search for the new rifle and i hope selling up all this to get the rifle of your dreams works out.

kind regards and again many thanks

bob.:thumb:

Last edited:
Most welcome Bob, alway nice to receive money instead of giving it away as per normal. Lol. Unfortunately I have spent it already. New toy arrives next week.

I know what you mean Declan, sadly i have been there and done it myself.

A Lanmber?????????I would have stick with the Baikal:lol::p
i rather like the Lanber, i have had 3 over the years this being the forth, and its prettier than the other as they were a tad older :)

bob.

I was thinking the same I've just bought his 243 off him he's a sound guy !! Walshy

he is a top man Walshy, he drove all the way to mine after a days work and he did not know me from adam, met me when i looked like 5 h 1 t unshaven on crutches and scottish ?

top man

bob.

Last edited:
Aw gee guys, if I didn't have such a big ego I would be embarrassed.
I wouldn't say dream rifle, just more practical for my needs. I had been using a 223 for foxes and munties and a 243 for deer.

But I decided to upgrade to a 243 for foxes and it leaves me deer legal as well should the opportunity arise. (I have been out a number of times and a deer pops out before it gets dark) but I also wanted a 30.06 for anything else. planning ahead for sika, reds and boar. So switch barrel seemed like a good idea.
Also as I do most of my shooting with NV. (just to clarify, foxes specifically not deer before the SD hounds of lynch are released on me :)) I use an archer so I wanted a straight pull. Stops the bolt interfering with the bracket.
Sooo I have decided to tell the world I'm gay and bought a Blaser R93 Pro from a nice man off this site.

That then leaves me so that I don't have to lug two rifles about with me when I go out and increases the safety angle. I know where I park is safe...................but I still worry about someone getting in and nicking the other rifle. It is much easier to secure a barrel than a complete rifle in my eyes. And the fact that the scope stays on the barrel I really like. so I can swap without worrying if I have lost zero.
Lastly, If I take someone out with me it is a simple matter to change the bolt and they can fire it righthanded whilst I am a lefty.

And whilst Blaser parts and rifles are stupid amount of money, if you buy secondhand and go for non Blaser parts you can actually get a good deal.
But that's it, I am now not going to buy another rifle for a load of years. I spent ages justifying it to myself and finally took the plunge.
The only thing I don't like is the fact it is not magazine fed. But I can live with that..........................................for now :D.

Walshy, I was up with the RFD last night and we boxed the rifle so it is packed and ready to go. They just need to do their paperwork thing so if it is all sorted then it could ship Monday on TNT overnight.

Now if they would just cut the bloody grass so I can get out and actually shoot something. Oh, hold on. My new rifle hasn't turned up yet. Drat.

Ss. God the suspense was killing me :D
Congrats on coming out :oops: Nothing wrong with being gay if you shoot a Blaser
Geordie tells me the colour is cerise and lemon this year for Blaser owners :eek:

As was stated dream rifle is on the mark :stir:
As a proud owner of the R8 with 243 and 30.06 barrels I think you have chosen
well :tiphat:

I hope you enjoy your new toy and it gives you many fond memories in the years to
come don't listen to the non believers :cuckoo:

Regards pete :gheyfight:

Aw gee guys, if I didn't have such a big ego I would be embarrassed.
I wouldn't say dream rifle, just more practical for my needs. I had been using a 223 for foxes and munties and a 243 for deer.

But I decided to upgrade to a 243 for foxes and it leaves me deer legal as well should the opportunity arise. (I have been out a number of times and a deer pops out before it gets dark) but I also wanted a 30.06 for anything else. planning ahead for sika, reds and boar. So switch barrel seemed like a good idea.
Also as I do most of my shooting with NV. (just to clarify, foxes specifically not deer before the SD hounds of lynch are released on me :)) I use an archer so I wanted a straight pull. Stops the bolt interfering with the bracket.
Sooo I have decided to tell the world I'm gay and bought a Blaser R93 Pro from a nice man off this site.

That then leaves me so that I don't have to lug two rifles about with me when I go out and increases the safety angle. I know where I park is safe...................but I still worry about someone getting in and nicking the other rifle. It is much easier to secure a barrel than a complete rifle in my eyes. And the fact that the scope stays on the barrel I really like. so I can swap without worrying if I have lost zero.
Lastly, If I take someone out with me it is a simple matter to change the bolt and they can fire it righthanded whilst I am a lefty.

And whilst Blaser parts and rifles are stupid amount of money, if you buy secondhand and go for non Blaser parts you can actually get a good deal.
But that's it, I am now not going to buy another rifle for a load of years. I spent ages justifying it to myself and finally took the plunge.
The only thing I don't like is the fact it is not magazine fed. But I can live with that..........................................for now :D.

Walshy, I was up with the RFD last night and we boxed the rifle so it is packed and ready to go. They just need to do their paperwork thing so if it is all sorted then it could ship Monday on TNT overnight.

Now if they would just cut the bloody grass so I can get out and actually shoot something. Oh, hold on. My new rifle hasn't turned up yet. Drat.
jeeeezus!! next time , you sit on the otherside of the table :scared:

Back