Nikon monarch or prostaff

pj1

Hi all. Has anyone had experienced the two Nikon models side by side and what are the main differences apart from price

Regards Pete

I was looking a the 3-8 x 32 monarch or the3-7 x32 prostaff ib particularly.

I have a 2-7x32 ProStaff, an original one with the 75 yards parallax setting, always been very impressed with it, especially considering the cost of them, 6 years ago it was about £80 including shipping and import duty.
Which is more than I can say for the 2.5-10x42 Monarch I had, which at well over £300 was never as clear or as bright and didn't stay long.

Neil. :)

I have the prostaff 3-9x50 and 4-12x40 both with the bdc ret and also a monarch ucc 6-20x44 and had a 6-24x50 monarch 3
For value for money the prostaff are fantastic with very good glass, fixed parallax , I have these on my rimmies as the ret is very handy for a loopy .22,

I sold my Monrach3 as the UCC has much better glass imo ( I know everyones eyes are different but to me the ucc is much sharper, this has front ao as opposed to the side parallax of the monarc3) One thing I have found is they are very good quality , everything works and moves nicely
what rifle are you thinking of putting it on ?

Last edited:
Its to go on my .22 hornet. I have a 6 x 42 ucc monarch and its great which is why i erring towards another monarch.

are you looking for new or secondhand?

I paid a smidge over £200 for my ucc and just over £100 for each of the prostaffs , all secondhand , if you are using at low light then guessing a 3-9x50 prostaff would be a good option or if stretching the legs of the hornet then the UCC would be a nice option , 6x44 for close range and then higher mag if needed
rgds
craig

Thanks for the replies. I was looking to buy new but didn't get paid as much extra as i thought today so that may have made the choice for me. Prostaff it will be unless i can find a monarch ucc second hand

Back