Thread: Fallow stalking. Sussex

Fallow stalking. Sussex

Hi guys

I have just secured a very nice long lease for fallow in sussex, with considerable doe numbers and the bucks aren't up to much on heads in fact they are very very poor

There is initially a lot of graft to be done, high seats, shaping some rides etc etc

The emphasis is on deer management of the Does reducing numbers and starting a rebuild on the bucks as a long term project, not a money making venture

Ideally a team of four would be sufficient, I have already myself and a good stalking buddy for two. So two more will be perfect

I have permission to install a chiller and there is a brick built bothy that could be used as a bit of overnight sleeping bag refuge, so weekend stalks of four stalks are or will be the way to go.

COSTS

initially a chiller and do the bothy up will be the primary cost along with high seats, this is not a profit leant commercial or pay by stalk venture, there are no guests, no mates, just four guys attending at the same time to pre arranged dates to manage the deer with me

initially I hope the Doe cull should pay for most of the chiller and repairs, if you want to take a beast home now and then that's fine, all the other culled animals will go into the pot to re coup the lease and on going costs.

cull records have to be 100% as is safety the lead word.

what you need to have. Honesty and a sense of humour and be able to attend work parties and be able to get on with everybody if you have level 2 that would be great, but it's not essential my aim is to find a couple of guys to help me collecting the cull and having some decent stalking at the price of a bit of hard work, it's long term

you will be asked to prove your safety skills and complete a three in four and be able to gralloch properly, that's it.

anyone interested pm your details to me and although it won't start until October, there is a shed load of work prior to that, I will get back to you if your in the frame.

cheers

phil

Bloody hell, what a great opportunity for someone. I wish you all the luck in. your venture.

Novice

What a great deal , I really wish I was closer as this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for , I bought a rifle from Phillip and can honestly say he's an absolute gent ! Fantastic offer well done Phillip
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

PM sent. Sounds just what I am after. Have DSC1 and quite a lot of DIY experience, tools etc.. plus like a good project to get stuck into.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    PM sent. Sounds just what I am after. Have DSC1 and quite a lot of DIY experience, tools etc.. plus like a good project to get stuck into.
    good luck sounds brilliant for all concerned
    DONT START

That's an incredible opportunity to offer, well done Phillip! I hope you find good honest folk to join your group

Well done what a cracking offer, I hope you find 2 who do you proud and good luck with the new ground.

Thread offer now closed as I have had loads of interest

Thanks for all the PM's. When I have all the interested peoples details in, I shall make contact accordingly

thanks for all your interest

Regards

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Thread offer now closed as I have had loads of interest

Thanks for all the PM's. When I have all the interested peoples details in, I shall make contact accordingly

thanks for all your interest

Regards

Phil

Morning Guys

Thanks to all who sent a pm and text etc

The positions have now been filled

Apologies for not being able to contact everyone interested individually

kindest regards

phil

Well done chaps this type of offer is like moon dust good luck .