Thread: possible to modify a CZ 511 magazine so that 10 rounds fit into?

possible to modify a CZ 511 magazine so that 10 rounds fit into?

Hello,

the CZ 511 seems to be one or the most reliable semi automatic rifle in .22lr
    This makes the CZ very interesting for me

Unfortunately I need a 10 round magazine (or greater) to fullfil the requirements to be authorized to own/use this rifle, but the standard capacity of the CZ magazines is 8 rounds

Do you know, if it is possible to modify a 8 round magazine in an easy way, so that 10 rounds fit into the magazine?

I've read about 16 shot magazines for the Brno 581 that may fit into the CZ 511 but they are not available anymore (see thread: Brno 581/ CZ 511 16 shot magazine).

Your suggestions are much appreciated

regards
    Michael

I take it that you have seen this thread then http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...agazine-(-22lr-)

It doesn't say if Paul has sold this magazine so perhaps it may be worth sending him a private message?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Unfortunately the title of Paul's thread begins with *Sold* but you're right, and I will ask him about his experience too.

Meanwhile - hopefully - I will get another hint here :-)

regards
    Michael

Sorry about that Morus I never noticed that when it came up on a search.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If anyone has a mag for a CZ 511 spare i'm still looking for one. Any capacity will do.
    edi

its a pretty basic design
    any decent TIG welder with some fabrication skills could weld in a spacer to extend the tube

the next task is just extending and matching the spring (I would use two smaller springs connected in the centre rather than one large one, less chance of binding or getting too high a spring tension when full)

anything is possible if you through enough thought and money at the problem

Thanks, it is a nice idea to extend the tube by weld in a spacer into the magazine.
    I think it should be possible to do this also with solder at home. But in my opinion, when expanding the magazin to 10 shot, it is not necessary change the spring - to extend the existing spring carefully should do it, or?

Anyway, if I get some results I will show them here.

You could use a section from an original magazine possible extending it to 15/16 rounds with simple welding to join then combining the 2 springs probably shorting one a little.