Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam the MOD do what they like?

Cam the MOD do what they like?

Hi,
    have had a report of stalkers on MOD land within last week killing bucks, does and kids indescriminstely. This has been witnessed by a friend who I stalk with.
    surely this is illegal? Or can the MoD do what they like on their land?
    BE

2p
    Have they been given a green light by the powers at be and doing a bigtime cull !! try to find one and ask him outright ,you never know he may just tell you why !!.

The MOD have there own group called DDM (Deer Defence Management) they have strict rules.

Im not a member my self as you have to have DSC1 and I don't have it. It also tends to be full of high ranking personnel who are well a bit snobbish when talking to a someone like my self who doesn't hold a commission. Plus with being away I have enough land to keep me busy, so travelling to mod land and shooting just doesn't add up for me, I may look into it again when I get posted and have bothered todo my DSC1.

You could contact him and ask him your self.

Deer Defence Management (Serives Branch) - New

Certain areas, Spta for eg, have a shoot on sight policy on fallow as they don't want them moving in and having big herds on the area. This came from a member of DDM who covers an area I work in
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by GunsmithDolphinholme View Post
    The MOD have there own group called DDM (Deer Defence Management) they have strict rules.

Im not a member my self as you have to have DSC1 and I don't have it. It also tends to be full of high ranking personnel who are well a bit snobbish when talking to a someone like my self who doesn't hold a commission. Plus with being away I have enough land to keep me busy, so travelling to mod land and shooting just doesn't add up for me, I may look into it again when I get posted and have bothered todo my DSC1.

You could contact him and ask him your self.

Deer Defence Management (Serives Branch) - New
    You'll need dsc2 to stalk unaccompanied. And yes, plenty of 'old boys' in it
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Thanks would the DDM be aware if all activity around the country?

It would be very unusual for the MOD not to comply fully with the law in respect of the management of deer. If anything they are generally over the top with regard to complying with best practise and accountability. I would be willing to put money on it that whatever they are doing is fully legal and above board.

These reports that you are hearing big ears sound like a case of sour grapes to me.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i am also sure the MOD will be up to speed and will be acting within the law,

one guy who may be able to shed some light on it as i believe he was one of the DDM staff for some years and thats our own eddy Mc on here,

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Are DDM a public body? If so you could send a FOI request to them. If not try DEFRA or MOD
    Last edited by timbrayford; 11-07-2014 at 12:47.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Are DDM a public body? If so you could send a FOI request to them. If not try DEFRA or MOD
    Defence Deer Management (Services Branch) - Special Interest Group
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"