Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cocker bitch pups

Cocker bitch pups

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	44580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	44579I have two chocolate with white bibs bitch pups left for sale out of a litter of seven only available due to a tyre kicker who ordered two prior to mating . This is a repeat pairing with my bitch and a friends dog and is also the ninth generation in my line the sire is out of ftch whaupley riva my bitch has a good mixed pedigree with many ftch . Pups will be ready to go in four wks today and will make good biddable working dogs both bitch and dog did over 50 days last season I can email pics on request both pups are 550 they are docked and dew clawed micro chipped and kc registered
    Last edited by swatty; 15-07-2014 at 19:28.

Pics now added

I would have been interested in both, but see that the pups have already been docked. I just prefer entire animals.

In the circumstances this seems to be against the spirit, if not the provisions, of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Sat...viousPage=null
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Each to there own but you will be hard pressed to find anyone who has spent any time working spaniels that believes that docking is unnecessary
    just wondering how my pups are breack the rspca rules or spirit and provisions also what circumstances are you referring to
    Last edited by swatty; 19-07-2014 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I would have been interested in both, but see that the pups have already been docked. I just prefer entire animals.

In the circumstances this seems to be against the spirit, if not the provisions, of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

:-S

If that was the case, the rspca would be too busy prosecuting spaniel owners to worry about the hunts.

I'd say the reverse applies and anyone working a spaniel through thick cover with an entire tail should be closely looked at

Novice

The law in E&W supports the idea that Cockers might need to be docked by exempting them from the general ban on docking, subject to the following:-

If the vet decides to dock the puppy he must certify that he has seen specific written evidence that the dog is "genuinely likely to work" in one of the permitted areas.

The owner must also make a declaration that the dog is likely to work (a false declaration is an offence).

As you're selling them on, I just wonder how in the circumstances you can make such a declaration?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post

Another doo gooder sticking their nose in and clogging up someone's thread with their unwanted crap. No need for you to comment with your nonsense .

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Another doo gooder sticking their nose in and clogging up someone's thread with their unwanted crap. No need for you to comment with your nonsense .
    Sense at last!

Novice

Take no notice swatty .....time wasting do gooder..... swattys dogs are very well cared for and are excellent working dogs which were properly docked and dew clawed as ALL working spaniels should be

I know from experiance that when a dog rips a dew claw off or receives a trauma to the tail then the season is over and very painful for the dog .

I would have had a pup myself if I didnt have 2 springers to keep busy

If anyone is wanting good quality working cockers then look no further than brian, highly recommend

HH