Thread: Roe sack?

Roe sack?

Hi, I am looking into getting a harkila roe sack after reading some positive reviews on it! I was wondering where's the best/cheapest place to pick one up from?

Any help is always greatly appreciated!

PM sent. I have one and quite happily pack a reasonable sized Fallow in it to hump it out on foot.

I also can recomend them . I have had a fallow pricket in mine andon a second occasion three muntjack ,
    Both heavy but the bag coped alright .

the harkila roe sack is worth its weight in gold ! you WILL easyly get a reasonable fallow in it , i personally have had 2 good sized roe and a muntie in mine .
    i got mine from www.uttings.com for 65 QUID and thats the cheepest i could find

cheers lee

Thanks for all the replies! They are a fair bit cheaper than buying a quad anyway

Had one bought for me this christmas. Very impresssed, and two weeks ago Fester bought one in a shop near Horsham for about 59, and that evening it had a Fallow doe in that Tikka 308 shot.

So thats another thumbs up for them.

Sikamalc

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Had one bought for me this christmas. Very impresssed, and two weeks ago Fester bought one in a shop near Horsham for about 59, and that evening it had a Fallow doe in that Tikka 308 shot.

So thats another thumbs up for them.

Sikamalc
    You surprise me with this statement, as the stated sizing for a Harkila is much less than that of a Kammo roe sack, which i know will hold two roe, as there are pictures posted on another site. They are of a very full Kammo roe sack and a very, very red faced man laying on the ground, gesturing to the camera that he was carrying two roe up a long, long hill

ft

its correct fester got his at a bargain price of 45 after haggling after i shot the fallow i gave him a bell and he came over to where i was we managed to get the doe into the sack and away we went with it on my back,dont get me wrong you wouldnt want to go for miles but i got up out of the wettest part of the woodland and over the hill before we got to better ground to drag it the rest of the way. h few days later i weighed the doe and she was 64lb head and feet off. i would have got one myself but it was the last one they had in stock. cracking piece of kit.

Just invested in one to replace an existing and now well-used roe sack. It's much larger than my previous one and seems well built and good quality. Sadly paid more than fester, but still think it's good value. Cheers, Jim