McMillan caping blade review

Overlay

Hi guys
Thought I'd share my experience with my recent commission purchase for a small deer blade

The one I have (#47) is made for McMillan caping blade by diamond blades to mcmillans spec using D2 steel hardened to RC 65-68 it has a 2.5 inch blade and micarta handle with mosaic pins, fine leather sheath with removeable nylon insert

I have now given it a pretty arduous and good test on Munties, Roe and rabbits and it has sailed through everything I have thrown at including atlas and leg joints on these little deer I can't find a better blade for the job

sharpening all I have had to do is show it a strop and that Polish is all it needs for over a dozen small deer I am really impressed with it.

anyone else got one and given it some welly

7 weeks from order to delivery from the states is I reckon the best it gets

it is a brilliant ultra sharp blade with a serrated top edge for use as a belly and neck opener all in all a tidy piece of kit.

would like to hear if any other guys use em ?

cheers

phil

Dare I ask.........£?

Hi. Ds 308

off of memory I think it was 350 dollars around 200 quid delivered and I've ordered now a larger blade the same spec and that will come with a double and a single sheath to take both, they're not the cheapest I guess but I got to say I'm impressed with it, you really get what you pay for, even the sheaths are quality embossed.

atb

phil

Back