Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday stalking recommendation

Birthday stalking recommendation

Hi all,
    My birthday is coming up at the end of August, so I thought whilst I have a cast iron excuse, I'd like to treat myself to some guided stalking. I'd like to make a day of it, maybe stalk both ends of the day or fit in some tuition or something. Maybe even something completey different like shooting clays followed by a stalk later on. I'm in the west Midlands, don't mind travelling if needs be. Although it's a birthday treat it will still need to be cheap-ish. I've got no desire to go after trophies or anything, I'd be happy with an enjoyable day and some more experience under my belt. So if you can recommend anyone or if you yourself are a well priced Midlands stalking or shooting provider, let me know!
    Although my birthday itself is August it needn't actually be on the day.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I'd recommend IanF if you can travel to Dorset - stalking, coaching (shooting/gralloching), great accommodation, superb food - and he's a top bloke!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Hi I'm at dgvm he's on here great chap and great stalking only near Newmarket .

trev

[QUOTE=SimpleSimon;817956]Hi all,
    My birthday is coming up at the end of August, so I thought whilst I have a cast iron excuse, I'd like to treat myself to some guided stalking. I'd like to make a day of it, maybe stalk both ends of the day or fit in some tuition or something. Maybe even something completey different like shooting clays followed by a stalk later on. I'm in the west Midlands, don't mind travelling if needs be. Although it's a birthday treat it will still need to be cheap-ish. I've got no desire to go after trophies or anything, I'd be happy with an enjoyable day and some more experience under my belt. So if you can recommend anyone or if you yourself are a well priced Midlands stalking or shooting provider, let me know!
    Although my birthday itself is August it needn't actually be on the day.[/QUOTE
    Happy to do both in one day
    I can guide you on roe bucks or goats and do clays , we have a 40 stand clay pigeon set up all on one estate

I can recommend a visit to Elmer Fudd for a couple of stalks for fallow bucks in Monmouthshire. Prices are very competitive and it's not far to travel from Worcestershire. Great ground and no shortage of deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Happy to do both in one day
    I can guide you on roe bucks or goats and do clays , we have a 40 stand clay pigeon set up all on one estate
    All sounds great apart from the location, SW Scotland is a bit further than I was looking to travel unfortunately (less money on travel, more money on stalking)
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

I know what you are saying about distance and costs but for a future (Big) birthday you must plan to get to Scotland and first of all shoot hinds and then get on to shoot a stag to be carried out with a garron pony. You will have memories and photos for life!

Quote Originally Posted by glenure View Post
    I know what you are saying about distance and costs but for a future (Big) birthday you must plan to get to Scotland and first of all shoot hinds and then get on to shoot a stag to be carried out with a garron pony. You will have memories and photos for life!
    I'll start saving now for my 50th

Joking aside and depending how things go I was thinking after my DSC1 plus a bit more experience I might register for DSC2 and give the BASC stalking on Arran a go maybe for the end of next year.
    Blog

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Contact Elmer Fudd, I would recommend highly.

You could get out with Sikamalc on the muntjac/Cwd in Beds/Berks. Loads of munties about we had 9 in a weekend