Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack on shooting/ hunting - L'Oreal. Do not read if campaigning not you thing

Attack on shooting/ hunting - L'Oreal. Do not read if campaigning not you thing

Belgian World Cup beauty LOSES modelling contract over controversial photo | The Rio Report - Yahoo Eurosport UK

Could care less about football, Belgium ( paraphrase Austin Powers Dad ), modelling or make-up ( beyond redemption )

But the above see L'Oreal dropping their recently acquired 17 year old model because of an image she posted on FaceTwitterAche etc - having been bombarded with Ms Cyrus allegedly doing drugs, engaging in intercourse with any upright object or sphere etc etc, you can imagine that the said 'offending' picture is going to be something utterly vile/ kinky ( take your frame of reference )...

... its a snap shot of the lady with the animal she shot in Africa. Exactly the same as any number that are posted on here.

I accept L'Oreal are about image and every company has a right to attempt to mould that public image. But ultimately this comes down to what is perceived to be right and/ or wrong. Grossly sexually explicit images are acceptable 'art'/ 'marketing' - a typical hunting picture is not? This is dangerous ground to give away.

There's no background detail to the picture - its purely the image as it stands that has been judged. There will likely be a torrent of support for the decision by the usual copious and loud voices.

Its entirely up to you whether you choose to attempt to make an alternate voice heard.

Edit - missed R of Your in title, can't work out how to change - irritating I know. My apologies
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

who do you want to campaign against?

loreal?

Last sentence above edit said it.

Your choice
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Last sentence above edit said it.

Your choice
    i agree that something needs to be done, surely the best thing would to encourage our wives and girlfriends to start an anti-loreal Facebook page???

AS - hope didn't come across as a snub. I'd deliberately left it open - and headed 'dont read' etc in an attempt to keep things open and positive. And not least to see what people came up with!

I think there's many potential options - the key things is that as many people as possible do something; that something being whatever works best for them. As it seems FB was the root of the 'issue', something on there is probably a good idea.

Typical of poor journalism (if you can call it that), and the power of social networking where everyone wants to be seen to agree with whatever someone else does. Its's just the norm when the anti's try to fire up the outrage bus, shame they couldn't even be bothered to research the species........

'Axelle set up a new Facebook page to promote her new career but L’Oreal didn't take too kindly to one photograph she posted of herself proudly posing with a gazelle she had SHOT DEAD'.

Doesn't look like any gazelle I've seen.
    Last edited by Mick9abf; 12-07-2014 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    AS - hope didn't come across as a snub. I'd deliberately left it open - and headed 'dont read' etc in an attempt to keep things open and positive. And not least to see what people came up with!

I think there's many potential options - the key things is that as many people as possible do something; that something being whatever works best for them. As it seems FB was the root of the 'issue', something on there is probably a good idea.
    i didn't read as a snub.

hopefully we can all come up with an idea in this thread that can be carried forward.

edit: loreal seem to have a load of products for men and they have a Facebook page maybe we should start there.
    Last edited by artschool; 12-07-2014 at 07:09.

I read about it yesterday, from what I could gather her contract was only for the one job, and that had been completed. I don't think L'oreal have said anything about the trophy photo. If there would have been more work for her if she hadn't posted it, who knows....

She's a pretty girl anyway, and I'm sure the extra publicity won't hurt her job chances elsewhere.

Slightly ironic for a firm who has spent years testing products on animals in labs?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

TT - at risk of sounding a bit heartless - its about the image of shooting/ hunting as opposed to the young lady in question.

Depending what you read, some claim L'Oreal backed away from her with the one event only story after the hunting picture issue arose.

To be honest, L'Oreal are quite secondary here as well -in my view. It is the flood of posting from the anti's, their claim of victory and the perception that is at the heart of the matter. Just my view.