Knife

6pointer

I would like a knife made for my own use and to my own design. This knife would be small and perfect for roe deer. Who do I go to and what would be the cost of such a venture.
Got cheap knifes just want a bespoke one.

Hi
Amonst other providers Emberleaf Knives will be able to sort it out for you at a fair price.
I had one of their designs modified for me and the 2 lads could not have been more helpful.
L

Can't recommend Alan Wood enough, price depends on what exactly what you want but £350 will get you a good knife. I know people will say its a lot of money on a knife but its horses for courses. His knives really hold there value in fact I've seen second hand ones go for more for than you can get a brand new one straight from him. Downside is there's a waiting time but you never know he might have some fresh for sale after one of his shows. You can see some of his models on Custom Knives UK in the hunting section.

Check out Mark Hill knives (just google it) and his website will be there. VERY good knives and reasonably priced also quite a few models to choose from. If you dont see a model you like he will do a custom make for you as well. I have a knife of his andcant fault it.

Ade

The idea of a custom knife to me is to get one done to my own speck. I have seen a lot of nice knifes but that's not the point. Its about putting your own edge on things.

The idea of a custom knife to me is to get one done to my own speck. I have seen a lot of nice knifes but that's not the point. Its about putting your own edge on things.

Mark will do this for you if thats what you require, he will also make up a knife from a choice of one of his blanks with your own choice of handle materials, steel etc. Whatever you require really and doesnt charge the earth and have too long a waiting time I believe either.

Ade

I gave Stuart Mitchell a description of what i wanted he sent me some pictures and the rest is history as they say and my son has now borrowed it never to return

Stuart mitchell has asked me to design a knife for gralloching.
Taking the basic from the knife i've used for the last 7 years he has taken this and put grips on and a sheath which follow DSC2 guidelines.
We will sell this as the YDS knife once the prototype has been trialed and endorsed by me. It is of course stainless steel.
Guide price is around £300. I expect to have the 2 prototypes anytime to field test during the rut.
Clients who already know about this through facebook have pre ordered 5 already even before its tested.
So we are already very happy.
Davie he will of course build you yours. Be interesting what we both see as perfect when we mainly shoot roe. Mine of course will get used abroad on bigger game to.

Mine will not be big and will be quite unassuming because of the areas I stalk.I will use it also on some of the reds we have up north so it will need to do a job.I am sending a stencil down to Wayne and he is going to have a look.

I see you fellows lauding Phil Wilson and Gene Ingram - really good knife men, but from the USA.
Is there a terrible duty on hand made knives from the US?
Does it go by the declared value, like a sale tax or VAT, or is a a fixed amount up to a price point?
Or do they just collect a VAT, same as with a UK maker?

Got one being made after trying a number of so called good knives. They all had their good bits but none were just right. So I sent some dimentions and a drawing off. A perspex blank was fashioned as John thought I'd want it. I made a few small alterations on the belly of the blade and a bit off the length. I mainly stalk sika but wanted a blade tip that would still be small enough to do the odd roe or even munty but be long enough to bleed the sika. It would at a push bleed a red I guess. I had the wood for the scales, some nice Australian river red gum which I had when working over there. Really looking forward to getting it back. I'll post pics. But so far very pleased with how John at jes knives listened to what I wanted and made the effort to try and achive that first time. We'll see if this is the perfect knife!

knives1_zps323becdf.jpg

Back