Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor service from The Sportsman, Devon

Poor service from The Sportsman, Devon

I ordered and paid for some kit from The Sportsman, Devon on 12th May, 2014, received an Email confirming the order on the same day, next day another Email saying out of stock, but will be delivered to me in next 7-10 days, kept chasing them, different excuse from staff, depending who I spoke to.

Eventually item delivered 11th July 2014!!!!!! I have bought items from them on 3 separate occasions, and disappointed each time, wrong size, damaged item, I should have known better!!

Would I buy from them again....NO, would I recommend them.....NO

Why do companies just say sorry we do not have it in stock, but we can order if for you, and then at least you get the option of sourcing it from somebody else rather than seeing the item on their website, placing the order then having to wait 2 MONTHS

A story I have heard many times before from sportsman.
    I try not to use them. If I have to it is only providing I can collect and pay over a counter.
    Even then recently, things I have baught from them have pieces missing!! Lee kit and bore sighter when got home had been opened and bits missing. They sorted it but that's not the point!

This is the same old blagg from the sportsman gun center and at any branch been stung in the same way just got my cash back that also was a saga !!! I don't get anything thats not in view if i buy from them .

I ordered a 270 rifle from them to arrive at my RFD on a Fri afternoon; it did not arrive. When I got home after work I happened to look in the garden and there on the patio table was a parcel left by the postman. You guessed it, it was the rifle, imagine what would have happened if somebody had nicked it, the police would have turned my house upside down looking for it.

I've had similar problems with them in the past. Ordered an item, got an conformation email, then heard nothing for a month, chased them up just to be informed they no longer stocked the item and didn't know when it would be back in stock. I got a refund but if they had told me earlier I would have ordered it elsewhere and saved time. I wouldn't order from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I ordered a 270 rifle from them to arrive at my RFD on a Fri afternoon; it did not arrive. When I got home after work I happened to look in the garden and there on the patio table was a parcel left by the postman. You guessed it, it was the rifle, imagine what would have happened if somebody had nicked it, the police would have turned my house upside down looking for it.
    Hi.
    Have I read this correctly?
    A supposed RFD to RFD transfer of a Rifle was sent to your Home Address by mistake?

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Hi.
    Have I read this correctly?
    A supposed RFD to RFD transfer of a Rifle was sent to your Home Address by mistake?

Yorkie.
    This happened to me once, as it happens I was there to receive it but, as it was not yet on my FAC I asked the driver to deliver it to the RFD as be should have anyway. He wouldn't even though it was only a couple of miles up the road so he took it back. I eventually got it about two weeks later. It was a Rem Mod 7, wish I had never bothered, it threw a pattern rather than a group! I eventually got my money back on it.

I also know of a friend who had a similar experience; came home to find a rifle in a soggy cardboard box on his doorstep!

Ive ordered items from them in the past and like you say they've taken an age to come. The last dealings I had with the shop in Dorset I'd been out with IanF and popped in on the way home. I rocked up at the shop about half hour before closing, they were locking and cashing up, I didn't get too much of a warm welcome and was ushered around the shop in double quick time. I now don't deal with them, it's local gun shop or bush wear. Bush wear are superb nearly always have stock in and it manages to get from Perth down to me next day, rather than one county across in a month!

Go to your local shop,you pay and take your item as simple as that never failed me yet sometimes it may be a little more but a lot less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    This happened to me once, as it happens I was there to receive it but, as it was not yet on my FAC I asked the driver to deliver it to the RFD as be should have anyway. He wouldn't even though it was only a couple of miles up the road so he took it back. I eventually got it about two weeks later. It was a Rem Mod 7, wish I had never bothered, it threw a pattern rather than a group! I eventually got my money back on it.

I also know of a friend who had a similar experience; came home to find a rifle in a soggy cardboard box on his doorstep!
    Hi Glyn.
    I am shocked (maybe I shouldn't be?). Had I been the sending RFD I would have been offering expensive gifts and dancing girls as a thanks for not reporting it.

Yorkie.