Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boar under moon light what kit

boar under moon light what kit

What setups are you boys using for your boar shooting from highseats im running 2 at the moment .308 varberger with 18inc barrel and a swiss arms 30 06 22in barrel with a ziess 3-1250 duralyt and 2.5-10x50 zeiss vari but im looking to setup just one rifle with an new scope as one of the above will go on a foxing rifle .

I've got a S&B 3-12x50 FD on my Mauser M03 in .308 for Shooting Boar at night. I don't have to wait till a full moon as Iv,e a green spotlight that lights up the feeding area. It comes on at dusk and turns off at dawn. No problem picking out a shootable boar and the flashdot is great.

I wish it was legal to use lights here in that way....... Would be a lot less gutshot animals from some of the heroes that attend drive hunts and the ones that shoot at shadows in the moonlight.......

I use Blaser r93's in 30.06 & 375h&h one with a Z6i 2.5-15x56 and a 8x56 s&b. I'm all geared up for this year with NV I got a Atn ps22 mounted on a Swarovski scope. I'm also trying a photon, incredible for the price time will tell how it sticks the recoil. If it sticks it I find the idea perfect for me, normal head position, big eye relief, good enough for the ranges we shoot out of seats over bait stations, still useable if the boar come before dark, time will tell???

Atb

Wayne

Some nice kit but that mod looks like a bit of a beast

Quote Originally Posted by boar & deer View Post
    Some nice kit but that mod looks like a bit of a beast
    Needs to be for the 375, tames it quite well, wouldn't want to carry it five miles but its great form a seat.

Hi Wayne, Couldn't help noticing 2 empty cases in the pic Good to see your still consistent.
    Regards Sean

Two boar rifles are
    Sako 85 308 with Zeiss 3-12x50 illuminated ret if weather suits , if not i use an Archer
    oR
    Tomson centre 308 with Zeiss 6-24 x 56 ir again with an Archer if needed

Nice kit Wayne , hope you have a good season

.308 with Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x56 and ATN PS22 with Gen 2+ Photensis tube on top does majority of this work for me. Due to take delivery of .338 Federal shortly and have bought a Vampir Gen 1+ unit for it which I reckon will be just the job and able to take the recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Hi Wayne, Couldn't help noticing 2 empty cases in the pic Good to see your still consistent.
    Regards Sean
    I can only see two extremely full looking ones…or is this an in joke?