Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 220 swift reloading

  1. #1

    220 swift reloading

    Hi all,

    anyone got any loads for the 220 swift using reloader 15?
    got a bit of reloader 15 not being used and interested in some data if anyone has any.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    What are you using powder/bullets

  3. #3
    Im using viht n160 atm with 60 vmax but have some 52 grain bullets.

  4. #4
    I use N160 in my 220 AI with 52g Barts and used the same in the standard Swift. Callum Ferguson rebarreled it and recommended sticking with the N160, who am I to argue and it shoots superbly.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    I use N160 in my 220 AI with 52g Barts and used the same in the standard Swift. Callum Ferguson rebarreled it and recommended sticking with the N160, who am I to argue and it shoots superbly.

    Il admit I think that n160 is a great powder in the swift, just that I have some re15 sitting doing nout.
    what charge of n160 did you run in the standard swift if you dont mind me asking Steve?

  6. #6
    Google 'Reloaders Nest' loads on there for Reloader15. regards Jeffrey

  7. #7
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyL View Post
    Google 'Reloaders Nest' loads on there for Reloader15. regards Jeffrey
    as the man says.



    http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=23

    good hunting

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5shooter819585
    what charge of n160 did you run in the standard swift if you dont mind me asking Steve?
    The last factory barrel was at 44g, the improved barrel is just a smidgen under 10% more.
    Usual disclaimers apply.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    The last factory barrel was at 44g, the improved barrel is just a smidgen under 10% more.
    Usual disclaimers apply.

    Is that with the 52 grain bullets again Steve?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5shooter View Post
    Is that with the 52 grain bullets again Steve?
    Yes indeed, I became a convert to the Barts bullets when I had a 6mm/284 built. But sadly Callum couldn't get them for many years, so I've been using them sparingly. But the Bergers shoot as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted .220 swift
    By novice in forum Firearms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-12-2013, 17:54
  2. 220 swift
    By coire257 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13-09-2013, 20:41
  3. 220 swift
    By robbo'srifle in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 19:42
  4. Wanted .220 swift,
    By AndrewT059 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 20:39
  5. Anybody use a .220 Swift ?
    By johngryphon in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 18:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •