Thread: Re: Field and Stream Rifle Test seperating the truths and myths

Re: Field and Stream Rifle Test seperating the truths and myths

Hi All

In an aim to provide an insight into the US Hunting press I have scanned a few of the recent articles I found of interest and amusement and attached for your enjoyment.

This is the second and is a review from Field and Stream which trys to seperate the truths and myths regarding perceptions when it come to hunting rifles i.e. is a synthetic stocked rifle actually more accurate than a wooden one?

Enjoy.

I must note on the whole the articles in Field and stream and Outdoor Life are far more aimed at giving the consumer the facts and reality when a product is really pushed to its limits unlike some of the UK magazines where the press department for the product in question seem to have editorial rights.

Rgds

Jason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Field & Stream Rifle tests July 2014 1 of 3.pdf   Field & Stream Rifle tests July 2014 2 of 3.pdf   Field & Stream Rifle tests July 2014 3 of 3.pdf  

there will be a rush on wooden stocks now,
    DONT START

Thanks for posting Jason, that looks like a good magazine.

I have Field & Stream delivered from the US every month its a great magazine, the cost £40 for 22 issues, try getting a British mag for that price
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Yes I used to pay for Sports Afield and the Double Gun Journal to be shipped to the uk and they were expensive. Now in the US and magazine price are really low F&S costs me $10 a year and all of my subscriptions combined cost me change out of a $100 a year so great value.

Hi sikadog,
    Hope you are well?
    How do you get these magazines delivered? Sign up on line or thru yr local newsagent? Cheers, K

Krabryn The mags YOU want are Top shelf in the newsagent. Now we know what your new highseat is for.
    Last edited by pendle; 15-07-2014 at 11:35.
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Field and stream also have a good app for smart phones- seems to be a good magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I have Field & Stream delivered from the US every month its a great magazine, the cost £40 for 22 issues, try getting a British mag for that price
    Subscribe via your iPad for the electronic version and its under £10 for the year...

Pendle, ah you guessed right and the view from up there makes 'Nuts' a favourite. lol