Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Swazi

  1. #1

    Swazi

    Hi,

    My brother is in Australia at the moment and is travelling to NZ in the next couple of days, lucky bugger!!!!!!!!!

    I am looking to get a Swazi coat and trousers, he will buy them whilst he is there and either bring them home with him or package up and send as a gift direct to my front door.

    When I looked on the Swazi website it seems like you can buy direct from Swazi in UK pounds for less than what it would cost to buy in NZ Dollars. I realise the shipping costs will be 16 and there is a chance of you having to pay the VAT when it comes to the UK. But there does not seem like there is much point in my brother buying this jacket in NZ, unless of course the retailers around NZ sell for less than what the RRP on the Swazi website is?

    Or am I missing something here?

    Also there anything else that can be more easily sourced in NZ that I should ask my brother to also get for me.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    The prices in NZ dollars are inclusive of their GST of 15%

    When you click pounds and shipping outside NZ it knocks of this 15%, on the basis that when it gets to the UK it will have 20% VAT plus import duty to pay on it (approx 30% in all), plus the shipping is more to UK than to NZ.

    If your brother brought them in to the UK from NZ if they still had the tags on and you were checked for what you were bringing in again you would be charged the UK customs charges, although I don't remember the last time my bags were checked!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    The prices in NZ dollars are inclusive of their GST of 15%

    When you click pounds and shipping outside NZ it knocks of this 15%, on the basis that when it gets to the UK it will have 20% VAT plus import duty to pay on it (approx 30% in all), plus the shipping is more to UK than to NZ.

    If your brother brought them in to the UK from NZ if they still had the tags on and you were checked for what you were bringing in again you would be charged the UK customs charges, although I don't remember the last time my bags were checked!
    Right that makes more sense now.

    He was going to remove the tags in case of this issue if he does bring back in his suitcase.

    If he was going to send to me from NZ then he will package up as a birthday present and mark the package as a gift accordingly.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Right that makes more sense now.

    He was going to remove the tags in case of this issue if he does bring back in his suitcase.

    If he was going to send to me from NZ then he will package up as a birthday present and mark the package as a gift accordingly.
    Problem is even a birthday present is subject to customs charges if it is over the value of 40. And if he buys them there he is still subject to the 15% local GST. If he was returning them to you following repair or warranty replacement then they are not subject to charges...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Problem is even a birthday present is subject to customs charges if it is over the value of 40. And if he buys them there he is still subject to the 15% local GST. If he was returning them to you following repair or warranty replacement then they are not subject to charges...
    Right, I see. Looks like he may be sending me back a warranty repaired trousers and jacket then

  6. #6
    Regular Poster KBar1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Posts
    344
    Thankfully no one in HMR&C is a stalker...I hope

    Many happy returns for your upcoming birthday and enjoy wearing your overhauled kit that you've had for ages and happened to have your brother get repaired whilst in NZ

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Right, I see. Looks like he may be sending me back a warranty repaired trousers and jacket then
    Of course with it being your up and coming birthday if you register for Swazi Clan you get a 20NZD voucher on your birthday (when you register remember to fill in your birth date), which is pretty much postage covered..........

  8. #8
    when in NZ tell him to go to RD 10 the agri dealers best prices for Swazi.

  9. #9
    Established Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tokoroa, South Waikato,NZ
    Posts
    160
    He can claim back the GST when he leaves NZ if wants to bother with the paper work, I just had a birthday and got some nice new Swazi the $20 voucher helped, I bought my first Swai pants back in 1995 they are still wearable, I've got on 4 Swai garments at the moment it's bloody freezing. Robert.

  10. #10
    My son lives in NZ. When I visited I took a Swazi jacket back to be altered. They sent it back boxed from the factory. I had to pay something near 40 in taxes when it was delivered back here in UK. I shouldn't have bothered. Still a crap jacket. Good brochure though!

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Swazi.
    By RED-DOT in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 17:30
  2. Wanted Swazi thar
    By biglad in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 15:59
  3. For Sale swazi
    By the scudd in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2012, 10:42
  4. swazi
    By the scudd in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 16:52
  5. Swazi
    By Max in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24-08-2009, 18:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •