Thread: renewal

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

renewal

well i called today to check on my renewal day,

and i have been told as normal to send it in about 8 weeks before it runs out, as said as normal. then the young lady said this,

as for photographs they are not needed, and before i knew it i had said thank you and hung up.

now its gone past 5 pm i was just thinking i think i need to check on this ??

have you done a renewal lately and did you have to send in the photos, as on the tick sheet they supply it say renewal requires 4 photos ?

bob.

oops, should have mentioned this is a coterminous renewal.
    Last edited by bobjs; 15-07-2014 at 16:36.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Could be something to do with the fact that the new certs have digital images printed directly on them (and down our way are now black and white) - cost saving measures I guess. Don't know how this sits with the requirement for referees signature on the back of the photo though.
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Just done my renewal and yes signed one and set them in as requested. Didn't say that a witness needed to sign just the applicant. So that's what I did. FLO came the other day and was happy. Not got it back yet but it's got a month left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    Could be something to do with the fact that the new certs have digital images printed directly on them (and down our way are now black and white) - cost saving measures I guess. Don't know how this sits with the requirement for referees signature on the back of the photo though.
    cheers bud, i think ill do what cris has said below.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Just done my renewal and yes signed one and set them in as requested. Didn't say that a witness needed to sign just the applicant. So that's what I did. FLO came the other day and was happy. Not got it back yet but it's got a month left.
    cheers cris. ill do the same ill sign one and send 4 in, the real pain is finding a photo booth nowadays.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Plenty of freebie online passport photo websites if you do a google search - upload a single hi-res pic and they will convert to six or more passport sized ones that can be printed off on standard 6x4 photo paper. Just need a printer that can handle the paper.

Just filled in my renewal (new form 202 11 pages of it) and it says you need to send 4 photos one signed by the applicant. But in the notes it says that if applying for a conterminous shot gun cert you dont have to send in 8 photos just the 4. This maybe where the young lady one the phone is getting confused,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun22/250 View Post
    Just filled in my renewal (new form 202 11 pages of it) and it says you need to send 4 photos one signed by the applicant. But in the notes it says that if applying for a conterminous shot gun cert you dont have to send in 8 photos just the 4. This maybe where the young lady one the phone is getting confused,
    cheers shaun

just re-read the forms and my new ones say the same thing.

job done.

tickets off next week

bob.

Peter came around on Friday to do my renewal interview. I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to chat to him, he wasn't here long and he's added both new calibres I'd like as I had clear and good reason. He knows what he's talking about and said he'd enjoyed out chat too.

Left me with a smile for a while. Oh and yes, I sent four pics.

good to hear transfer him to gmp,please!
    DONT START