Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meindl Dovre quality

Meindl Dovre quality

Having lost faith in wellies, and having had good experience with my meindl Borneo boots, I'm thinking of getting some goretex higher leg ones in place of wellies.
    Thinking of the Dovre however ive found some reviews on google showing blistering of the leather on them, although the forums on which this is being discussed is 4 years old and hasn't been updated.
    i know a lot of you guys and gals use them, anybody care to comment on leather quality?

Cheers
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Save yourself a load of cash and buy a pair of these they will outlast everything else by miles I have tried the expensive stuff these get the job done.

British Army Goretex cold weather boots.UK size 9 L ,motorbike,police,prison | eBay

have the meindl dovre extremes and very pleased with them in terms of quality, durability and support.

couple things...after a few hours walking, the right one starts to give me a blister, maybe my foot is malformed though, so may not be the boots fault. secondly, they're heavy, but that's fine, it's not a summer boot! third, they don't actually stay waterproof when submitted to PROPER highland stalking, you know what I mean, loads of peat hags and soaked spagnum moss..

will I buy another pair when done, probably not,..I like them, but they're not perfect.

I'm still to find 'perfect' for a lot of things though!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    have the meindl dovre extremes and very pleased with them in terms of quality, durability and support.

couple things...after a few hours walking, the right one starts to give me a blister, maybe my foot is malformed though, so may not be the boots fault. secondly, they're heavy, but that's fine, it's not a summer boot! third, they don't actually stay waterproof when submitted to PROPER highland stalking, you know what I mean, loads of peat hags and soaked spagnum moss..

will I buy another pair when done, probably not,..I like them, but they're not perfect.

I'm still to find 'perfect' for a lot of things though!

+1 for quality durability and the support, as you say PKL not really a

summer boot ! as for your malformed foot... I doubt it !

Believe it or not it's quite common to have one foot bigger

than the other by a half size It may be a little tight

(hence a blister).

meindl's come in half size's you'll just have to man up son !

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    +1 for quality durability and the support, as you say PKL not really a summer boot !

as for your malformed foot... I doubt it ! Believe it or not it's quite common to have

one foot bigger than the other by a half size It may be a little tight (hence a blister).

meindl's come in half size's you'll just have to man up son !

Atb, Buck.
    oh you won't hear me complaining when in the field, it's my nirvana! you could put a thousand blisters on my feet and I'd rather walk for hours and hours than be in an office for 20 minutes

Agreed you can't beat the outdoors
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Lundhags are way better for a little more money??

Just sent pair meindle back as pouring water in ,also sent back pair Lundhags as they came apart,
    both pairs of boots only three months old !!!!

Are you a fire walker??

Regular Poster
    I've never had blistering leather on mine but I do try and look after them. Agreed they are not a "summer" boot for woodland stalking but I still wear mine in the summer on the hill. I wear gaitors with them which helps with the peat and wet as PKL mentioned. Also I've always thought of them as not heavy for their size. I haven't purposevly compared them but havent felt the need to. Having said that those ones dlz90 suggests do look good for the money!