Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Payment for carcasses from game dealer

Payment for carcasses from game dealer

Guys

what would the average time to wait for payment of beasts and other bits like rabbits, pigeons etc

one of the game dealers I use takes four weeks to process a cheque.

is that stretching it a bit. ?????????

cheers

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Guys

what would the average time to wait for payment of beasts and other bits like rabbits, pigeons etc

cheers

phil
    I use three game dealers.

I trade with one for other game so there is usually no money involved, but both of the others do a BACS payment direct into may account, usually by next business day. Once in a while it takes a few days for them to get to it if they have a particularly busy period.

I wouldn't be terribly impressed with a 4 week turnaround to issue out a cheque which then takes another week to clear...

Sounds like you are financing him, when he sell and is paid he pays you.

Cash or swaps on delivery for me - not strictly legal I bet but it works for both of us.

Thats just for rabbits by the way.

Scotland

We are the same up here and sometimes 4 weeks is a bit optimistic. One of the local game dealers tries to pay on the day but usually its the following week which is fine and you know where you stand, but then some of the bigger more reputibale game dealers want to pick up your beasts and say you will be paid at the end of the month and wthout fail come by the middle of the following month there is no sign of cheque, call up and apparently it'll be in the post that day, end of the week still no sign, on the phone again and itll definetley be out by the close of business, anyway its usually about 6-10 weeks before the funds actually hit you bank so these gamedealers are wanting the carcasses processed and paid for so they never have to shell out of there own pocket so i no longer deal with these guys. Sorry about the rant lol

In about 10 mins after the beast etc is in his chiller.

D

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Guys

cheers

phil
    Would this by any chance be G//////// Game and a Mr P M ?
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I sent my Roe deer to Peterborough Game Company they paid me 3Kg for it! and even picked it up from me! All round good service. I'd try them if you are stuck for who to hand it in to

Quote Originally Posted by richardbennett View Post
    I sent my Roe deer to Peterborough Game Company they paid me 3Kg for it! and even picked it up from me! All round good service. I'd try them if you are stuck for who to hand it in to
    Please make an introduction first before posting on the site, as per site rules. Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

4 week in the meat industry is were it should be ,it depends on the game dealer of course but if he is suppling others witch take four week to pay then the ball keeps rolling ,if that game dealer takes a big hit or has lots off slow payers on the books then guess what you will be left waiting ,some offer good prices to get people to bring them in but the trade off is you have to wait for your money ,its always a good idea to have more than one game dealer on the go so if one starts to owe you more than you are happy with then you can use the other untill they weigh you in ,plus you can go back to them and say that so and so pays quicker. actually bigboab29 they have probably had to fund there bussiness off there own money as said if they pay all there supliers (you) no 28 days but are being paid on 35 then they will have to find a weeks turnover at some point to fund the slower payers ,i am not saying its right as its not and its very frustrating indeed but that is how alot of bussiness run .
    Last edited by berg; 16-07-2014 at 15:31.