Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Shooting Times`

  1. #1

    Shooting Times`

    Picked up the weekly comic this morning with my usual 2.35 in my pocket,only to find that the "Summer Special" was 2.95. I note that there is 132 pages this week 52 pages are full page advert's ,so we are paying to look at 52 pages of advert's that ST are getting payed X amount for win win for ST. Incidently I have'nt missed a copy since 1962. when it was 1/6d.Wf1

  2. #2
    Well that's the only way that they and any of the rest of the printed press make any money... I noticed that in the US and Canada, most hunting magazines are shifting to a primarily digital platform. I really enjoy Outdoor Canada on the rare times I'm over there, but it's hard to find even there. I looked at their website for subscription rates and it was about half the price for a digital only subscription. That hugely reduces their printing and distribution costs and potentially massively increases their possible audience. For CA$19.95 a year, I think I may subscribe to the digital edition! But I do just like having proper paper magazines though, it's not the same on a screen.

    I haven't missed an issue since 1992 I don't think. Not as impressive as your score though!

  3. #3
    I have about 3 years back copies from the 90s, they just recycle the articles, any news I read here first anyway.

  4. #4
    Well there are only so many topics you can cover in a specialist publication. I mean half the content of this forum is the same discussions over and over again. But it doesn't make it any less enjoyable because it's the sort of stuff we're interested in! By the way, I've often wondered what the best calibre for deerstalking is. What do you reckon?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well there are only so many topics you can cover in a specialist publication. I mean half the content of this forum is the same discussions over and over again. But it doesn't make it any less enjoyable because it's the sort of stuff we're interested in! By the way, I've often wondered what the best calibre for deerstalking is. What do you reckon?
    Rolled up " summer special " edition shooting times to yhe back of the head on smaller deer, " Christmas number for larger deer!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    Picked up the weekly comic this morning with my usual 2.35 in my pocket,only to find that the "Summer Special" was 2.95. I note that there is 132 pages this week 52 pages are full page advert's ,so we are paying to look at 52 pages of advert's that ST are getting payed X amount for win win for ST. Incidently I have'nt missed a copy since 1962. when it was 1/6d.Wf1
    Crikey! That's an extra 60p, however can you afford it?

    atb Tim

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well there are only so many topics you can cover in a specialist publication. I mean half the content of this forum is the same discussions over and over again. But it doesn't make it any less enjoyable because it's the sort of stuff we're interested in! By the way, I've often wondered what the best calibre for deerstalking is. What do you reckon?
    errr let me hazard a guess 243
    DONT START

  8. #8
    no,no no its .308.no no no its .270.no no its.25-06.no no no its 30-06 nooo its 7mm .its what makes u happy ,when you grass a deer.reload a few ,kill paper targets everyone,s favourite is everyone elses what planet are u onnaughty pine martin hi jacking the post and making it run

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well that's the only way that they and any of the rest of the printed press make any money... I noticed that in the US and Canada, most hunting magazines are shifting to a primarily digital platform. I really enjoy Outdoor Canada on the rare times I'm over there, but it's hard to find even there. I looked at their website for subscription rates and it was about half the price for a digital only subscription. That hugely reduces their printing and distribution costs and potentially massively increases their possible audience. For CA$19.95 a year, I think I may subscribe to the digital edition! But I do just like having proper paper magazines though, it's not the same on a screen.

    I haven't missed an issue since 1992 I don't think. Not as impressive as your score though!
    I draw the line at going to the loo with the iPad shooting times is not called the shi^ing times for nothing we have a selection in our loo inc tractor world ,sporting rifle ,sporting gun and occasionally trout fisherman
    good reading
    norma

  10. #10
    I am still waiting for my copy to be delivered................. I t should have been here in Wednesday's post.
    I started getting it in 1965 when at school it cost me then some 2/- and that was a lot of Mars bars then. The paper quality was much better though there were fewer photographs I recall. My favorite contributors then were Alan Savory, Gough Thomas and Peter Moxon.

    It was in the days when we had partridges abundant and pigeon shooting was free.. Oh happy days they were

    Donsider

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Old Copy of Shooting Times
    By woodland stalker in forum Other Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 19:39
  2. Shooting Times
    By wildfowler1 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 16:50
  3. Shooting Times
    By KMCK in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 12:50
  4. Shooting Times
    By Frax in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 11:16
  5. Shooting Times
    By shootingduckdog in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-04-2009, 09:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •