Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornish buck

Cornish buck

Went down to cornwall on holiday on 5july went out we'd 9th with Reuben aka buckaroo o8 met up 4am after an hours drive from mousehole went a 10min drive from Reuben's home to a bit of land stalked downhill to a wood bumped 2 does. Sat for 3/4 hour nothing showed stalked back uphill and over the top to a lovely view of the rising sun and the river estuary below stalked into a nice cull buck took shot at about 80 m deer down waited the ten minutes and as we moved over the hilltop another buck and 2 does moved off .last night went to another bit of ground tried the call no deer showed as darkness fell we started to head back seen a couple of red hinds and calfs can't thank Reuben and Charlie enough will return the offer if they ever come up to gods country thanks lads

nice to friends sharing the stalking and getting a result ,any pictures?

Congrats on the buck. Please don't take this as a smart Asp comment, but more punctuation, and fewer run on sentences makes for a more pleasing read.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    Congrats on the buck. Please don't take this as a smart Asp comment, but more punctuation, and fewer run on sentences makes for a more pleasing read.
    Hey, he's from up north, you are lucky to get joined up writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    An American picking the English up on grammar, i have read it all now!
    BTW Tom, congrats on the buck.
    Cheers
    Richard

Cheers Richard some people don't know when not to say anything you just fishing now richard
    Atb tom
    Last edited by tom reveley; 17-07-2014 at 14:26.

Well done, good work. I am lucky enough to have been out on the same ground (I assume?) with Reuben, he is a nice guy to go stalking with. We went out 5 or 6 times over a week and had no joy, plenty of does but no bucks - well done on getting one first time out!

Hoping to get back down in November, and as a betting man I reckon we will just see lots of bucks, eh Reubs?!

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    Cheers Richard some people don't know when not to say anything you just fishing now richard
    Atb tom
    Yep, roe bucks taking a back seat, busy with clients and my own fishing, caught 3 sea trout last night, but tired out today!
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    Fantastic link, I enjoyed that a lot.