Cornish buck

Went down to cornwall on holiday on 5july went out we'd 9th with Reuben aka buckaroo o8 met up 4am after an hours drive from mousehole went a 10min drive from Reuben's home to a bit of land stalked downhill to a wood bumped 2 does. Sat for 3/4 hour nothing showed stalked back uphill and over the top to a lovely view of the rising sun and the river estuary below stalked into a nice cull buck took shot at about 80 m deer down waited the ten minutes and as we moved over the hilltop another buck and 2 does moved off .last night went to another bit of ground tried the call no deer showed as darkness fell we started to head back seen a couple of red hinds and calfs can't thank Reuben and Charlie enough will return the offer if they ever come up to gods country thanks lads

Congrats on the buck. Please don't take this as a smart Asp comment, but more punctuation, and fewer run on sentences makes for a more pleasing read.

Congrats on the buck. Please don't take this as a smart Asp comment, but more punctuation, and fewer run on sentences makes for a more pleasing read.
An American picking the English up on grammar, i have read it all now!:doh:
BTW Tom, congrats on the buck.
Cheers
Richard

Cheers Richard some people don't know when not to say anything you just fishing now richard
Atb tom

Last edited:
Well done, good work. I am lucky enough to have been out on the same ground (I assume?) with Reuben, he is a nice guy to go stalking with. We went out 5 or 6 times over a week and had no joy, plenty of does but no bucks - well done on getting one first time out!

Hoping to get back down in November, and as a betting man I reckon we will just see lots of bucks, eh Reubs?!

Can't even spell ass and picking someone up on grammar, I read it fine, sometimes things are better left unsaid.

Went down to cornwall on holiday on 5july went out we'd 9th with Reuben aka buckaroo o8 met up 4am after an hours drive from mousehole went a 10min drive from Reuben's home to a bit of land stalked downhill to a wood bumped 2 does. Sat for 3/4 hour nothing showed stalked back uphill and over the top to a lovely view of the rising sun and the river estuary below stalked into a nice cull buck took shot at about 80 m deer down waited the ten minutes and as we moved over the hilltop another buck and 2 does moved off .last night went to another bit of ground tried the call no deer showed as darkness fell we started to head back seen a couple of red hinds and calfs can't thank Reuben and Charlie enough will return the offer if they ever come up to gods country thanks lads

Thanks Tom, after observing the rut-like behaviour of the bucks and does last Wednesday, I thought we might have had more success with the cherry-wood call on Tuesday night but I guess we were still a tad bit early! It was an ideal buck to cull and he'll be great eating too. Nice shooting by the way :thumb:

Well done, good work. I am lucky enough to have been out on the same ground (I assume?) with Reuben, he is a nice guy to go stalking with. We went out 5 or 6 times over a week and had no joy, plenty of does but no bucks - well done on getting one first time out!

Hoping to get back down in November, and as a betting man I reckon we will just see lots of bucks, eh Reubs?!

Karl, it was five unlucky stalks mate! I think that you deserved a buck after we successfully stalked into all those does :banghead: Although perhaps that wily 6pt buck deserved to go free after evading us so well?
Don't worry, we'll be tripping over bucks come November :doh:

Yes forgot about the rut like behaviour Reuben maybe another week or two thanks again sika had agood time as well
Best regards
Tom

Your right it was 5, I am suffering from puppy-induced sleep deprivation!

You have done it now though saying that about Nov! And yes, there is a reason why that big buck is still around, he is pretty switched on!

Back