Thread: Getting on with neighboring stalkers

Getting on with neighboring stalkers

Another thread on here about whether to shoot a good buck or leave it alone, hoping that adjacent stalkers may do the same, got me thinking about how well neighboring stalkers get on.

Do most of you chaps know who the stalkers are on the land next to yours? If you do, do you get on ok, talk to each other about the deer, etc?

I have to admit I don't know of any other stalkers on the adjacent land to me, but then my main permissions are bordered by quite substantial roads so any deer would do well to cross without getting splatted!!

And on the flip side, are there stalkers that really don't get on and if so, why?

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Being surrounded by the FC I tell them as little as possible.

It is always pleasant to know who is next door and their views. I am not a million miles from you and we are getting a few nice roe about, fortunately the land on three sides is not stalked and never will be.There are mainly fallow in the area and as they are very transient the best animals get shot by money hunters,being worth the most. I have an agreement with the neighbor on the fourth side not to shoot roe and there are a couple of good bucks about. We did have an interesting conversation regarding hospital food which he informed me he didn't like, prior to our agreement.

I watched some cracking stags walk by me last season (to good to shoot), I hope the neighbours think the same.

I have stalkers on 3 sides, one I get on with very well and we watch each others patch for interference, another I know but do not know his acquaintances. The third I do not know but when beating his ground I found a fallow buck with a bullet hole in the middle of its chest. That classifies him for me as a pricket al.
    I leave good bucks and hope others do the same but I guess I'll find out next season if the good ones have gone.
    How's your end of the gene pool today?

Quote Originally Posted by The fourth Horseman View Post
    It is always pleasant to know who is next door and their views. I am not a million miles from you and we are getting a few nice roe about, fortunately the land on three sides is not stalked and never will be.There are mainly fallow in the area and as they are very transient the best animals get shot by money hunters,being worth the most. I have an agreement with the neighbor on the fourth side not to shoot roe and there are a couple of good bucks about. We did have an interesting conversation regarding hospital food which he informed me he didn't like, prior to our agreement.
    I can imagine how the conversation went

Bob

Hi Bobbykins you know me for my forthright straight talking and you are correct. It has worked for the present at least. Keep training them Pussy's for Goebels.!!

Quote Originally Posted by The fourth Horseman View Post
    Hi Bobbykins you know me for my forthright straight talking and you are correct. It has worked for the present at least. Keep training them Pussy's for Goebels.!!