Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What strength Peroxide to use/buy

What strength Peroxide to use/buy

I have found a hairdresser wholesaler who is happy to sell me peroxide either as solution or paste.

What % is the best to use in paste

Previously have used 10% aqueous and I put kitchen paper on the skull and keep moist but it takes hours.

Seems sensible to use paste

Thanks

D

35% food grade on ebay

Buy a bag or roll of cotton wool, cover the skull with cotton wool and soak with the peroxide.
    Last edited by csl; 18-07-2014 at 12:57.

12% 40vol i buy a big old tub for a tenner think its 1L get loads of heads done with that ..i put 5 to 10 heads in a bucked add some bleach and top up with water leave for a few hours..

Yep 35% from eBay various prices but. The last lot I bought 5 litres delivered for 18 paste is OK if you only have a few heads to do if more than that liquid is more economical , with 5litres I can do about 200 heads.

I don't use cotton wool or paper towels, get a plastic container, Tupperware that will hold head tightly fill with peroxide keeping the coronets above the liquid ( takes about a litre or a bit more depending on size of head)
    takes a couple of hours to get the required colour, advantage of this method is that you can use the peroxide again and again until it stops being effective, keep in a separate container though don't put back amongst unused stuff or it will have an effect on the strength of the unused peroxide.

12% 40 vol hair dresser paste/cream as already mentioned, just paint on leave overnight and wash off. No need to wrap in cotton wool or paper.

Thanks guys will buy some this week as I have 3 heads out of the compost bin this week.

D

best results is always do them fresh don't leave them out for bugs or nature the bone will get stained skin it flesh it boil it jet wash bleach and done....

I have only done a couple so far but as cc says above, did them fresh
    For this one I actually used contact lens cleaner (which is all I had knocking about at the time) which is 3%
    The skull was overnight in cotton wool as shown

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26_may_5.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	45380

The finished article.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000776.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	508.8 KB 
ID:	45381

'Joey Essex' white, so it seems it isn't the strength of the liquid more the method/time taken maybe?
    Last edited by stuartp; 04-08-2014 at 15:09.

Got two 1ltr bottles of 12% 40vol cream today 6:20 so will be busy this weekend: good job looking at the forecast.

D

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    35% food grade on ebay

Buy a bag or roll of cotton wool, cover the skull with cotton wool and soak with the peroxide.
    how long do you usually leave the soaked cotton wool on for alex