Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time deer shot in evenings

time deer shot in evenings

what time at the moment are you guys seeing the deer come out?

I'm not seeing much activity where I stalk until after 22:00

i'm not seeing any at all PKL, ive tried first and last light and nothing doing, plenty signs of deer right enough but i'm guessing the cover and the heat doesnt help matter just now, maybe out in the middle of the night when a bit cooler.

Last two bucks we have shot in the last 10 days were shot at 21.35, have seen deer out after 8pm and seem to be more active after 21:00, on a normal sunny eve. South Glos

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Last two bucks we have shot in the last 10 days were shot at 21.35, have seen deer out after 8pm and seem to be more active after 21:00, on a normal sunny eve. South Glos

D
    Agree entirely. Do see them as early as 7pm but mostly roe does. Then bucks are getting active after 9 pm and last two shot in the last week where around 9.30pm.

Saw first real activity yesterday, buck chasing doe at 5pm in wheatfield,will go and have another look in half an hour. I don't shoot em yet, not enough. Generally I find late afternoon whilst rutting on humid days. My own experience with roe at times other than winter is one hour after dawn and one hour before sunset. The late great Ken McArthur swore the best time in winter for roe was between 10am and 2pm and that works for me and a lot of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Agree entirely. Do see them as early as 7pm but mostly roe does. Then bucks are getting active after 9 pm and last two shot in the last week where around 9.30pm.
    same here

Last 2 muntys I shot were at 8 and 8 30 which I find is about right I pretty much shoot all mine in the evenings between 7 - 9 30
    atb jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Had a buck last night at 9.45pm. This was after watching two does for about 45 minutes from 8.30.
    , both of which had gone about half an hour before he came out.

I have shot the vast majority of bucks at very last light and have really needed a torch to do the gralloch by.

Does and youngsters pretty much anytime but the bucks I am catching between 9.30 and 10pm.