Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: mounts for cz 527 varmint

  1. #1

    mounts for cz 527 varmint

    Hi I just brought a cz 527 varmint kevlar in 223 , I'm just woundering the best mounts for it. I now that they have trouble with the bolt hitting the sights. If any body nows the best mounts that will do the job.
    Cheers

  2. #2
    Leupold high rings for the CZ527. Works every time for me.~Muir

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    Hi I just brought a cz 527 varmint kevlar in 223 , I'm just woundering the best mounts for it. I now that they have trouble with the bolt hitting the sights. If any body nows the best mounts that will do the job.
    Cheers
    Standard size Millett, CZ, or Sportsmatch are more available, and will work with 'fat oculars' found on Schmidt & Bender 'scopes, etc.

    The bolt handle clearance is already factored in on these.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Standard size Millett, CZ, or Sportsmatch are more available, and will work with 'fat oculars' found on Schmidt & Bender 'scopes, etc.

    The bolt handle clearance is already factored in on these.
    Do you like Millett rings? I hate the damned things. The Trading Post is a Millett dealer and they are always favoring the Millett stock over Burris or Leupold. I end up going to the City to buy Leupold or Burris.~Muir

  6. #6
    I had a CZ 527 17 rem and still have the mounts in the workshop if you need any information

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Do you like Millett rings? I hate the damned things. The Trading Post is a Millett dealer and they are always favoring the Millett stock over Burris or Leupold. I end up going to the City to buy Leupold or Burris.~Muir
    No, I'm not really a fan of the Millett mounts although they're installed on two of my rifles. The independent windage adjustment is handy, but as the clamps are narrow they need checking for recoil creep a couple of times once installed.

    The CZ or Sportsmatch rings are plug-ugly, but don't budge on the CZ or Tikka dovetails. Burris or Leupold products are quite scarce and more expensive over here, so the cheaper brands win by default.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    No, I'm not really a fan of the Millett mounts although they're installed on two of my rifles. The independent windage adjustment is handy, but as the clamps are narrow they need checking for recoil creep a couple of times once installed.

    The CZ or Sportsmatch rings are plug-ugly, but don't budge on the CZ or Tikka dovetails. Burris or Leupold products are quite scarce and more expensive over here, so the cheaper brands win by default.
    Gottcha. I like CZ rings for hold, too. Millets are gadgety and seem flimsy.~Muir

  9. #9
    Thanks for that I went and brought some high cz own mounts today and they won't work the bolt just hits by a couple of mill .
    I read that the sports match mount suppost to good but I hope they don't hit on the bolt .

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    Thanks for that I went and brought some high cz own mounts today and they won't work the bolt just hits by a couple of mill .
    I read that the sports match mount suppost to good but I hope they don't hit on the bolt .
    Hold on Amigo. If the rings are even close to the same size/height as the CZ the scope will most likely get hit by the bolt. Somewhere in the back of your head you should start envisioning different glass, perhaps??~Muir

Similar Threads

  1. Cz 527 varmint problem
    By Mark23576 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 17:42
  2. CZ 527 Varmint .17 Hornet review...so far
    By liongeorge in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 23:27
  3. mounts for cz 527
    By spook in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-05-2014, 16:15
  4. *SOLD* Theoben mounts & risers - Warne mounts - CZ 527 mounts
    By stratts in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 18:05
  5. For Sale .17 Remington CZ 527 Varmint
    By Treacle Trackpad in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 07:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •