Thread: bell and carlson light tactical medalist/ timney trigger.

bell and carlson light tactical medalist/ timney trigger.

im looking to change the stock and trigger on my howa varmint. i have seen a bell and carlson light tactical medalist stock ,advertised on midway uk for appx 230, has anyone got/ used one of these, are they really a straight drop in job or will i have to sort out some bedding? is there anywere local to south yorks that stocks them so i can have a look?.
    also i would like to lighen the triger pull, im thinking of getting a timney drop in trigger, has anyone an opinion of these, ease of fitting, quality etc. all advice is welcome. many thanks.

Ring a couple of local RFD's and see if they can beat midway's price ! I did on a Hs precision stock , I got it cheaper and without P&P.

I was thinking about getting one of these some time last year, I contacted South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies, Roger said that they imported B&C stocks, but they'd just put in an order which didn't include any Howa stocks. If you email Roger, who knows, they may be about to place another order...

As for the trigger, I just turned the loosened the screw to decrease the pull weight and I'm perfectly happy with it, I don't have a burning desire to change it. I also quite like the 3 position safety.

Re: bell and carlson light tactical medalist/ timney trigger

Quote Originally Posted by doonered
    , has anyone got/ used one of these, are they really a straight drop in job or will i have to sort out some bedding?

im thinking of getting a timney drop in trigger, has anyone an opinion of these, ease of fitting, quality etc. all advice is welcome. many thanks.
    Hi Doonered

I have both fitted to a Howa, the Medalist has a full length aluminum chassis and does not need any bedding, just a drop in job. The trigger will depend on the age of your Howa early ones like mine only have a two position safety and the Timney requires some modification, if yours is a 3 position safety then again it is a straight drop in job.

ATB

Tahr

many than ks for all of your replies. i have emailed rimfire magic and intend to do some research on the net. im pleased that the timney is a straight drop in job, i think this will make a big difference to the rifle. thanks again. doonered

Doonered,

My brother and I get B&C stocks from Aftermarket Innovations:

http://www.rifle-accuracy.com

I would recommend them highly. They confirm orders by e-mail and give an approximate delivery date which is normally spot on. Additionally, you can order the exact stock you need i.e extra length of pull, Maxxguard coating, colour/camo finish etc. You just need to check how sterling is performing against the dollar to see if it is a worthwhile exercise to bring one in.

In my opinion B&C are the best option out there for an after market stock all things considered. Cost wise compared with McMillan they are not far off buy one get one free prospect. McMillan are generally finished to a better standard though.

I have a Medalist on my Remmy which needed a bit of tweaking so that the safety operated properly. I have also just received one in January for my Howa and disappointingly the bottom metal screw holes are out of alignment. It's currently with Rhino getting sorted and should be due for collection any day soon. If the holes had been positioned correctly at the factory it would have been a perfect drop-in fit. It seems that quality control is somewhat variable. On the other side of the coin my brother had one fitted on his Remmy which turned out to be a drop-in with no problems other than opening up the barrel channel to allow for the magnum profile.

I would definitely get one if I were you as it will be a vast improvement aesthetically over the Hogue but be prepared for the need to tweak it a bit.

Good luck,

Tim