Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redding shell holder for the .243

Redding shell holder for the .243

Where can I buy a Redding shell holder for the .243 online in the UK, have searched and can't seem to find one apart from Cabalas.

Shell holder

Hi there try midway Uk they have everything and I'f they don't then I really am at a loss they are good cheap and quick and efficient. They have definately had anything I have ever neededand I they don't they should be able to get it for you as they are a subsidurary company of midway USA the biggest single reloading supplier in the USA cheers jon

does it need to be a redding one? I thought that all brands were interchangeable

sorted it seems that a #1 is the ticket for .243
    thanks
    Nick

Some makes will not interchange , the Lee No.3 for a 6.5X55 would not fit my Rockchucker press and apparently is a No.2 when made by RCBS .
    I have one on the way from Re -loading Solutions , Oxford .

An RCBS for a .308 , .243 , .30-06 etc is a No.3

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933
    Some makes will not interchange , the Lee No.3 for a 6.5X55 would not fit my Rockchucker press and apparently is a No.2 when made by RCBS .
    I have one on the way from Re -loading Solutions , Oxford .

An RCBS for a .308 , .243 , .30-06 etc is a No.3

HWH.
    I made that mistake in the past too. Had lots of difficulty full resizing 8x57 and it was the shell holder not being compatible.

I need another for my RCBS priming tool so I will use the RCBS one on the tool and the new Redding one on my Redding press, so all will be hunky dory.
    As for the MidwayUK tip, thanks... all I needed was the shell holder

The RCBS No.2 shellholder arrived from Re-loading Solutions this morning and fits both my RCBS press and bench priming tool.
    It also fits the 6.5X55 cases perfectly and I have re-sized and primed 20 on a test run.
    In my spares box I found another shellholder marked No.2 which fits my gear but not the 6.5 brass , it does however fit .308 etc. brass .
    Who made it I do not know !
    Why should such a small and basic thing be so different when a sensible degree of standardisation would make life much simpler ?

HWH.

Stag,

A #2 lee shell holder is the one for the 30-06 head size it's the #3 Lee one for the 6.5x55.

There will never be standaisation in reloading stuff especially whilst Lee and RCBS are still going. Blount still hate Lee for makign syuff at a more reasonable price and tried to buy them out. When Richard Lee told them to bog off they tried to get them closed down through law suits. I recall the adverts which told ogf this. One thing Blount/RCBS ttied was to sue Lee for packaging soem of hsi dies in green boxes. Of course they lost and as both Redding and Lee use green boxes as well as RCBS.

Ah well, so much for commercial politics !
    I have the gear now and will try for that one-hole group with the 6.5X55 Swede.

HWH.