Thread: A.Wood/R.Mears Woodlore and Bowie for sale

A.Wood/R.Mears Woodlore and Bowie for sale

Evenin' kids,

It is with Deep regret that I find myself advertising for sale two of my Favourite knives.

I don't dig sob stories, but it's only through the death of my brother on Christmas Eve and the subsequent funeral bill that these two knives are for sale.

I took the pics of the pair on my bench as the weather is crap outside and better shots weren't possible.

Here they are:

Both knives have of course been used, as all of mine are. The Woodlore more so than any other knife I own.

The Woodie which is in 01 tool steel was with me in Iraq '03-'04, it was the knife i used for my first and Many more grallochs, and the depth of its sentimental value to me cannot be expressed enough, but needs must.

Over the years I've re handled it twice, so i often refer to it as 'Trig'!

The first time was with buffalo horn and the same brass liners that are on it now, and I also tickled over the spine with a bit of a vine pattern. Some would say that's sacrilege, but hey, It was Always gonna be mine....

Over time, the buffalo did what buffalo does and started to warp a bit, so I replaced it with a nice piece of Desert Ironwood, and that's how it is today.

It still has the original neck sheath it came with back in the day, but it's away just now as I had to transport a knife I made for a mate with it. All being well I'll have that back on Monday evening. I'll get a pic of them together when i have it back.

It was always a loose fit on the knife, right from day one, but I knew no better back then. If I got it today as it was then I might have sent it back. I put a wide belt loop onto it and secured it with para cord, and it's been like that over 10 years, most likely it would have still been like it in another 10 years! Though I have been thinking recently about doing a new sheath for it myself, so maybe I would have done that eventually.

Now, how do you price a knife like that?

On the one hand, it's an original Woodlore with lots of use and it has that Woodlore aura that has sent the price skyrocketing over the years. Then on the other hand it's now been 'lived in' and tweaked to how I wanted it.... Has that de valued it, or made it a bit unique?

Then I have to consider the times of my life it's been with me through, times that in and of themselves make it absolutely priceless to me...

I sold a scabby old Woodlore a year or two back for 350, this old girl is I feel in better nick overall, and it's got some nicer materials on it, upgrades if you will, however I still need to move it on and yet don't really want to...

So all things considered, I'll stick it up for 350, same as the other tatty old one.

The Bona Bowie has been a favourite of mine since the moment I first clapped eyes on it. That beautiful shape, that Desert Ironwood handle, that sheath.... Has everything I could have wanted.

It's been used to slice up the Christmas dinner the past couple of years, and not long after getting it I trimmed up a Fallow deer at a bush crafters gathering with it! Wouldn't be one of mine if it didn't do Something deer related in its lifetime!

It's in D2 steel, ground very thin, so not really made for heavy work but very light and quick in the hand.

I'd like 350 for this one as well please, was 460 new.

A direct to bank transfer Is preferable, however, I have signed up to that PayPal malarkey, so if you're willing to bung a couple of extra shekels on, PayPal is cool.

Postage within the U of K is in the price, but I don't really want to go down the international route.

Even at these prices I'm still behind a bit with the funeral, but it'll take a substantial and stress relieving chunk off of it, and I'd like to take this opportunity to preach a bit from my own bitter experience with this.

If it wasn't bad enough to lose a brother at the age of 38, it was a Bitter pill to swallow to have to find 3500, especially at that time of year.

Bill (William) had little to nothing to his name, no wife or kids, no life insurance or plans in place in the event of his passing.

So, that's the lesson I'd like to pass to anybody that reads this listing, just read and consider that sentence.....

Think about those you leave behind, and get something sorted Now if you haven't already. And further to that, pass on the message to the nearest and dearest as well. Families have been torn apart by these circumstances.....

In the famous words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that....."

They're advertised elsewhere, so it's first come first served.

The final note is the obligatory: Cannot sell to anybody under 18.

Any questions, you know where I am.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

sorry for your loss mate been there,atb doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    sorry for your loss mate been there,atb doug,
    Thanks mate, crap ain't it?

Just like to say that the Woodie is Sold. The bowie is still up.

This message shows that there are still Beautiful people in the world today:

"I'll take your woodlore on the following conditions

send me your paypal details I'll send you the cash

hold the knife for me for 1 year, and if you can afford to pay me back within the year then fine, if not send the knife at the end of the year.

(if you happen to find a scabby woodlore .... as you put it
    and want to send that instead then keep "your" woodie)

this is a 100% genuine offer

All the best

Andy"

Gawd bless him and all he sails on.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

That's a good deed indeed.
    Well done that man.

Atb

fraser
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Thanks mate, crap ain't it?

Just like to say that the Woodie is Sold. The bowie is still up.

This message shows that there are still Beautiful people in the world today:

"I'll take your woodlore on the following conditions

send me your paypal details I'll send you the cash

hold the knife for me for 1 year, and if you can afford to pay me back within the year then fine, if not send the knife at the end of the year.

(if you happen to find a scabby woodlore .... as you put it
    and want to send that instead then keep "your" woodie)

this is a 100% genuine offer

All the best

Andy"

Gawd bless him and all he sails on.

Very sorry for your loss.
    That's a fantastic offer from Andy, well done .

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother Nick,
    your man Andy sounds like a 100% gentleman.

Rgds, Billy
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Sorry to hear about your brother Nick. Andy seems to be a lovely fella, and what a great gesture. Those sure a beautiful knives, and like Andy, can see what they mean to you. Good luck mate