Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger No.1 .243 Stainless Laminate

Ruger No.1 .243 Stainless Laminate

Picked one of these rare No1s in .243,lovely gun, I also have the Stutzen International in 7x57, a tack driver! As these calibres are no longer made for the No1 it just adds to the feelgood factor,single shot rifles definitely focus your mind..also the rifles shoot PRVI sub 1/2"! My two were made in 2001 and 1995 respectively. Maybe a 7mm Rem Mag next ?

Good buy Cervus, i have the no1V in 6mm rem, I would love to find a nice stainless laminate in a dangerous game calibre.
    Just to convince the firearms dept on usage.
    All the best with the new rifle.
    Paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Paul there is a No.1 in 458 on Guntrader!

call me crazy but single shot,,in DG?...seems awfully...'risquee'

First find a big tree to hide behind or climb PKL, no problem, or a good PH with a really big calibre. LOL
    I ll have a look at it Cervus
    Paul

I mentioned that because I've got a ruger no. 1 in varmint 22-250, but I am thinking of re-stocking it in a nice walnut and building a bigger calibre on it...not sure really. got it through a trade in, and not really sure it's my sort of thing (I'm a bolt action mauser whore)

I think they are a marmite gun PKL. you either love them or hate them.
    I love mine and a few guys off this site ask for it if using an estate rifle, funny thing none have had a problem reloading under pressure !!!
    what calibre were you thinking of changing to with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I mentioned that because I've got a ruger no. 1 in varmint 22-250, but I am thinking of re-stocking it in a nice walnut and building a bigger calibre on it...not sure really. got it through a trade in, and not really sure it's my sort of thing (I'm a bolt action mauser whore)
    Ooh , 303 Brit would be sexy !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I have a hornet which is pretty good but have been toying with a rebarrel to something bigger was thinking maybe 303 myself!

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
    I think they are a marmite gun PKL. you either love them or hate them.
    I love mine and a few guys off this site ask for it if using an estate rifle, funny thing none have had a problem reloading under pressure !!!
    what calibre were you thinking of changing to with yours?
    don't know to be honest, 7x57 or maybe even a 400 cal, may end up in the corner of the cabinet for a few decades....I'd probably consider letting it go to a buyer who'd really be into them, but I suspect there's very few around willing to pay a decent price for the rig as is, despite being in very good condition.