Thread: Is it to hot for your dog to stalk?

Is it to hot for your dog to stalk?

Just contemplating tonight's activity and looking at my dog and thinking it's just way to hot for him to come out tonight. I'm also thinking about me and just plodding up to a seat to stay as cool as possible.

same here mate its so humid now after the storms i need to sort a fox or two some more bunnies ,plus check a piece of land for deer signs ,plus i missed a chance of a bloody good stalk ive waited ages for,but i might just slide out later with mates air rifle and my lamp as my certs not back yet ,as you say its sucking the life out of your legs,atb doug, just back knackered 19 bunnies no fox show and not a sign of deer on the land no slots after the rain no browsing signs ,farmer said hes seen a couple in the past so,you never know, doug,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 20-07-2014 at 22:04.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Just contemplating tonight's activity and looking at my dog and thinking it's just way to hot for him to come out tonight. I'm also thinking about me and just plodding up to a seat to stay as cool as possible.
    Cris

Just had the same thought, I`ts 24 degrees here and very sticky, humid , I`m leaving the dog at home

Bob

Just got back with the dogs from a lot shorter than normal walk. I would leave them at home,the black lab is worse than the golden lab but that is normal this time of year with it absorbing the heat more.

Just back from the CLA game fair .It was a very hot day but It didn't stop lots of people bringing there dogs ,some were even buying there dogs cool coats ! The mind boggles why would you take your dog out in that heat ?

Chill

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    Just back from the CLA game fair .It was a very hot day but It didn't stop lots of people bringing there dogs ,some were even buying there dogs cool coats ! The mind boggles why would you take your dog out in that heat ?

Chill
    We had the same at scone. We even heard over the speakers that some tit had left the dog in the car. Ten minutes after it was announced they called again and said they were going to break the window to get the dog out if the owner wasnt there soon. Two words for these people BRAIN DEAD!!!!!!!

Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Just back and yes left him at home. Not a great evening sat in a seat rather than stalking. Had a fox in front of me for an hour. Then a muntjac doe mooched about on the edge of the wood at about 300m. Decided not to risk the shot on the muntjac and as no roe were showing I decided to take the fox. Well the shot was good and audible impact so thought good another out the way. Then the Roe started to appear as if coming to see what was going on so decided to leave the fox were he was and see what happens next. Just before last light a really good 6 point buck came out about 250m away heading for the corn field next door. still my ground but to far. Left the seat and went to look for the fox but just couldn't find it! Sure it went down but no dog. Oh well at least I saw a new good back I had not seen before.

Was it not at scone that the police and Sspca tanned a window of a rangerover because dogs were shut inside. Owner was not to chuffed. It had auto air conditioning. It was the coolest place on the site.

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    And alas the call went out yesterday afternoon at the Game Fair (about 1pm) for some f***wit to return to their car as their dog/dogs was/were in distress. This announcement came as we were waiting at the standpipes filling water bottles, and folks were sousing their dogs with water.

A second call had to be made 'stewards will remove your dog/dogs': I dont think there is any need for using the future tense...'will Mr F***wit please return to his car as his dog/dogs HAVE now BEEN removed from the car'

With number plate records now, shurely naming and shaming would be straightforward enough? A posse to tar and feather is optional