Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hissy fit inbound

hissy fit inbound

went out stalking last night on the roe bucks, my expectations were high as i drove to the farm with the recent thunderstorms and heavy showers now breaking i was hoping that the deer would be on the move maybe even showing signs of the rut, well that was the plan anyway. as i started to walk into the long sedge a sharp whack on the back of my hand i looked down only to see a bar-steward horse fly having a free meal so i flicked him off and carried on my stalk. about ten minutes later whack a second horse fly followed by whack a thrid moments after that. now ive been biten 3 times and its starting to wear a bit thin, by bite 5 ive really had enough seeing as i slapped a few more off me in the mean time before they have managed to bite, 7 and 8 now saw me starting to wave my arms around like a school girl with a bee stuck in her hair with me knowing that any roe within half a mile must now have seen me with number 9 sending me into a full blown hissy fit seeing me stomp across the feilds back to the car

I know I shouldn't be laughing but that is a great write up!

Hateful bl**dy things and I'm allergic to whatever they leave behind, swelling up like a helium balloon 3" all around the bite
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    went out stalking last night on the roe bucks, my expectations were high as i drove to the farm with the recent thunderstorms and heavy showers now breaking i was hoping that the deer would be on the move maybe even showing signs of the rut, well that was the plan anyway. as i started to walk into the long sedge a sharp whack on the back of my hand i looked down only to see a bar-steward horse fly having a free meal so i flicked him off and carried on my stalk. about ten minutes later whack a second horse fly followed by whack a thrid moments after that. now ive been biten 3 times and its starting to wear a bit thin, by bite 5 ive really had enough seeing as i slapped a few more off me in the mean time before they have managed to bite, 7 and 8 now saw me starting to wave my arms around like a school girl with a bee stuck in her hair with me knowing that any roe within half a mile must now have seen me with number 9 sending me into a full blown hissy fit seeing me stomp across the feilds back to the car

what are you like, thats what you get for using hair spray, i told you not to use that down here it only works up north

hope you well big man and hows that not so small baby doing

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

LOL good writeup!

I went clay shooting yesterday in shorts and a T-shirt as it was so hot and was being distracted by damn horse flies too... only one actually managed to bite but I felt the sting and he got culled before managing to get a drop of claret! Didn't do the scores much good though

Horrible nasty things. Isn't there any spray that deters them?

YES the best one is call SLA as they seem to like him all you need to do is invite him to walk behind you !!! and you will not get bitten

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Horrible nasty things. Isn't there any spray that deters them?

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    LOL good writeup!

I went clay shooting yesterday in shorts and a T-shirt as it was so hot and was being distracted by damn horse flies too... only one actually managed to bite but I felt the sting and he got culled before managing to get a drop of claret! Didn't do the scores much good though
    Local alex ?
    regards pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, it was up at Dundry (not Mill Farm, the other one - can't remember what they call themselves!)

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    Nice to hear from you, I'd have paid good money to see that, the mental picture is epic.

Hope that the family is doing well.

bloody soft southerners spread a cow pat up and down your arms they dont bite that stuff and they only lay eggs on the surface
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 21-07-2014 at 11:52.
    DONT START