Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSPB at the CLA Game Fair

RSPB at the CLA Game Fair

What are they doing at the CLA with a hoarding reading, "Do you have wildlife in your sights" It offends me having fought countless battles with them alongside the BASC, Wf1.

Money is what they are doing there getting it when some poorly informed **** joins them.

I'm glad I wasn't the only that thought that when I saw the stand.

I suspect the organisers feel that having an RSPB stand at the event demonstrates that they are open minded, transparent and happy to discuss conservation and environmental challenges in a mature manner i.e. it's the CLA behaving properly - like gentlemen. However, I believe it's yet another example of how 'we' are constantly being wrong-footed by 'them'. The RSPB aren't so daft as to think they are going to radically change the views or opinions of anyone attending the fair. What they are doing is garnering a great deal of kudos with their own supporters and, critically, the undecided folk, by showing how they "take the fight right in to the heart of the enemies camp". It's Daniel in the lion's den stuff and a brilliant way of promoting their cause and achieving some really positive PR exposure. You have to give them credit for such a strap line - at the CLA game fair of all places! Outstanding!

Good words,sounds like your a fan!! Wf1

What was the message behind the banner headline? Good use of double entendre to draw people to the stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    I suspect the organisers feel that having an RSPB stand at the event demonstrates that they are open minded, transparent and happy to discuss conservation and environmental challenges in a mature manner i.e. it's the CLA behaving properly - like gentlemen. However, I believe it's yet another example of how 'we' are constantly being wrong-footed by 'them'. The RSPB aren't so daft as to think they are going to radically change the views or opinions of anyone attending the fair. What they are doing is garnering a great deal of kudos with their own supporters and, critically, the undecided folk, by showing how they "take the fight right in to the heart of the enemies camp". It's Daniel in the lion's den stuff and a brilliant way of promoting their cause and achieving some really positive PR exposure. You have to give them credit for such a strap line - at the CLA game fair of all places! Outstanding!

Well if you say so , THINKING bit like preaching to the converted , pretty much a Pointless exercise , its a game fair , not a Twitters TEA PARTY

I worked on a stand near to the RSPB stand at the CLA Game Fair this year. I am amazed the RSPB continue to go to the game fair. Their presence is an embarrasment to everyone, including them. How arkward did they look with nobody visiting their stand at all. Children were even giving the place a wide birth because they could sense something was wrong. People werent even using the canopy to hide from the rain storms. I've had a quick troll of the net and some of those running that stall claimed their weekend was a success and that they will be back next year. I hope they dont. Horrible little people. Quite vile.

I attended a debate on Friday at the Gamefair in which was debated DOES THE COUNTRYSIDE NEED SHOOTING AND FISHING,
    the 4 speakers were the top man from BASC, a guy from Wales who looks after SSSI ground, a Guy from the RSPB, and one of the top advisers from Strutt & Parker.
    The guy from the RSPB held his own but made a few common mistakes like making comment about people who breed and release grouse, unit the question and answer section at the end when the people in the audience savaged him that much he had to be rescued by the chairman of the debate.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Do'es anybody know if they (RSPB) are welcomed to the Scottish Game fair at Scone.Wf1