schweiss-uk Uk tracking training club

Thanks to all who have replied so far. I must say I have been some what overwhelmed by the pm' sand calls i have taken supporting the club. I shall be in contact with everyone in the next couple of weeks and will be sending all the details out. You can keep up to date by looking at the Schweiss-uk site which is being added to each day, or just give us a call.
Mark

You can keep up to date by looking at the Schweiss-uk site which is being added to each day, or just give us a call.
Mark

Is there a link or did I just miss it? No matter how I type in 'Scweiss-uk' it goes to 'Kennel Housecarl'?

Mark
had a good look around the site and it looks good
but slightly confused
as in previous threads you had been involved with sorting out some scheme with DMQ i think what happened there ??? is this the outcome
as it don't seem right to that way of thinking
or is this the result of the talking to stone as i seem to remember seeing that in one of the earlier post you were in contact
just trying to get my head around this that as stone's idea's were against DMQ
ATB
Sutty

Paint

This looks really good I like the website etc.

The regional centre idea will be good as some of us live quite distance away.

Just a query on the structure, do you have a club structure with elected officers a chairman, sec, treasurer etc and would the regions need to form a committee as well. Similar to the Utility Gundog society I suppose with a parent organisation and regional clubs which give members a say in how the club develops.?

Hi Sutty,Doghound,The club is not connected to any of the organisations and is a stand alone idea. As I said it is something I have been toying with for a few years to allow people to access help and guidance with training a tracking dog, and to have something which is fun and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. A couple of us who really wanted to see a club up and running decided it was time to take the plunge. Start of small and build on it was the idea but I must say from the interest it may not happen like that as it seems to have generated a huge amount of interest countrywide.We will have the details of the club structure on the site in the next few days but you have guessed most of it. A central committee and regional groups. The members are the most important thing as its their club and we hope that as well as joining what will be a great club they will be some good ideas put forward on how the club develops etc. Its all new in this country so its been a steep learning curve as regards setting up the organisation but the good thing being we have help and advice from those on the continent who have a good working model in place and were willing to support us in setting ours up.Regds Mark

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch. Things are moving along now and as everyone seems very keen to get their application packs if you look on the website on the members page we have put an update about joining.
Also if anyone has any interesting photos of their dogs or deer and would like them used on the site or in displays etc drop them to me and we will see if we can fit some interesting ones in.
Right back to the pups,best regds
Mark

Mark

I'm sure I saw a price list for your planned training days posted up on your site http://schweiss-uk.org/default.aspx. But now can't find it despite looking thru the whole site.

Can you post a link to the said price list please? Can you also say what the maximum number of people on each training day will be?

Thanx

Hi
I have asked to join but has of now i have not heard anything. all so i have not heard if I'm on the days course. I am very interested in coming up on the day and meeting with the other chap and asking some questions about our Zak

ATB
Cam

[QUO
Prices are on the 'Courses' page here: http://schweiss-uk.org/Courses.aspx

That's not the page I saw last week. The one I saw had the prices for membership, details of the membership packs, the official Kim Schou Jørgensen group training day prices, as well as the 1/2 day 1-2-1 training day prices.

I think the Kim Schou Jørgensen group training day price was about £45 and £30 if you had paid your £15 membership fee. I should have made a note at the time.

Mark

Another question sorry. On the 1-2-1 1/2 days who does the 1-2-1's and where are they run?

Hi rarms,

Thanks that's good question. Anyone can join the club, even if you don't have a dog but are thinking of getting a deer dog and training it to track or are just interested in working dogs and deer welfare. All welcome.
The registered/working breed comes into the equation if you want to take the tests. The european judges are governed by international rules when judging tests and these rule apply to them judging in this country as they do when they test in any other country. So if you want to apply to test your dog it must meet the laid down criteria.
Hope this helps
Mark

Picked up this old track. Is the club still live?

Just to draw your attention to the fact that Hanoverians even with export papers are not yet recognised by the KC.

As Gazza says it never really got off the ground, Kim Schou Jorgensen was the man with the knowledge, the other two partys could not see eye to eye so the club folded.

Big shame

Tony

hi all
seems to me it got a lot of interest from people so its a real shame it never became up and running as i also would of been up for it
kind regards
jimmy

hi all
seems to me it got a lot of interest from people so its a real shame it never became up and running as i also would of been up for it
kind regards
jimmy
Jimmy things are starting to happerning within some of the bigger organizations, but they are a long way off at the moment due to training and insurance, but i am sure that one day some help will come for the stalker who has lost a deer or even RTA's and that one one is going to be a real mine field.

Tony

hi tony
yes i know what your on about regards the complications etc as i was talking to mike at calton moor last fri about the subject its a real shame that something that could be so good should hit so much red tape, but maybe the club thing with the meets and trailing etc could be less complicated to set up
all the best
jimmy

Jimmy things are starting to happerning within some of the bigger organizations, but they are a long way off at the moment due to training and insurance, but i am sure that one day some help will come for the stalker who has lost a deer or even RTA's and that one one is going to be a real mine field.

Tony

Tony,

You obviously know a lot more about this than I do but as I met Kim last weekend and he very much knows what he is talking about it might be worth looking at some resurrection.

What are the insurance problems as I thought this could be covered by being a member of BDS,
Can you enlighten me? Any other problems?

The insurance would be a problem if, lets just say that the BDS started a deer dog regester or one of the other organizations, you would need some form of third party cover incase you or your dog should have a proplem, also some sort of training would be needed by them to prove you and dog are up to it.

Tony

Back