Pine tree resin

vicball

Hi Not for the first time ive sat down on a newly felled tree stump only to find pine resin stuck to my breeches, anyone know a good way to remove it,
nothing seems to shift it ...ta Vic :(

I know the feeling :rolleyes:.
It's not just newly felled wood either or it would be easier to avoid.
It's easy to become quite attached to a high seat on a conifer :).
I doubt it can be removed without damaging the fabric.
Hope someone will prove me wrong ?.

Last edited:
Some nice strong alcohol ...no not a bottle some methylated spirit works...and keep it wet if possible it is tat more tricky once dried on solid

hand wash them with washing power and use a nail brush to scrub it then put into the washing machine, works for me, but not tried it on expensive items though

good luck
simon

Did this to my expensive ass jacket, gutted..... Then...... nail polish remover followed by a damp cloth, you have to use a lot of the solvent on the removal cloth to pick up the resin but it does work and doesn't damage the jacket (but please do test) and you don't need to do a full wash afterwards.

jeez you guys kill me when you get a wee mark on your stalking claze, there for crawling about the countryside soak it up ..lol

watch that any solvents do not attack the gortex/PTFE lining within the fabric. The outer fabric may appear OK but it could dissolve the inner waterproof membrane!:cry:

watch that any solvents do not attack the gortex/PTFE lining within the fabric. The outer fabric may appear OK but it could dissolve the inner waterproof membrane!:cry:

If your worried about WD40 use the veg oil or baby oil. It works and I use it on my climbing ropes that I trust my life to.

+1

Great thing about WD40 is that it is light enough to be effective as a solvent, but not so light that it will attack plastics/fibres and will wash out with detergent.

Oh and it smells nice. All men's products should smell of it. :D

Back