Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Quick Hello

  1. #1

    Quick Hello

    Hi All, I have been an out and out wildfowler for 27 years, last winter whilst chasing pinks in Scotland I was offered the opportunity to stalk a roe deer by a keeper I met on the marsh many years before. I managed to stalk and bag my first doe, the excitement was immense and I can still recall feeling my heart thudding into the ground as I took the shot. I got an invite to try for a buck a couple of weeks ago and although I saw a few I did not manage to bring one to the bag. I bottled shooting a fine buck as I thought it was a bit to far for me in the standing position.
    I have now been well and truly bitten by the stalking bug and look forward to reading as much as I can. I live on the isle of Anglesey so as with my goose shooting it looks like I will be travelling for my deer stalking.
    Thanks for reading.

  2. #2
    Welcome to the Forum

  3. #3
    HI Terry p
    Welcome to the SD site, it sounds like the A55 is in for some hammer, with you up and down it during the next few weeks and beyond.
    Regards
    Weasal St Helens

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by weasal View Post
    HI Terry p
    Welcome to the SD site, it sounds like the A55 is in for some hammer, with you up and down it during the next few weeks and beyond.
    Regards
    Weasal St Helens
    Thanks for the welcome fella, I did 3500 miles last season chasing pinks, I'm dreading what it will be now with the stalking to add.

  5. #5
    Welcome Terry p. from an old Wildfowler who retired after chasing geese for 40 years.Wf1

  6. #6
    Welcome to the site,

    John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry p View Post
    Hi All, I have been an out and out wildfowler for 27 years, last winter whilst chasing pinks in Scotland I was offered the opportunity to stalk a roe deer by a keeper I met on the marsh many years before. I managed to stalk and bag my first doe, the excitement was immense and I can still recall feeling my heart thudding into the ground as I took the shot. I got an invite to try for a buck a couple of weeks ago and although I saw a few I did not manage to bring one to the bag. I bottled shooting a fine buck as I thought it was a bit to far for me in the standing position.
    I have now been well and truly bitten by the stalking bug and look forward to reading as much as I can. I live on the isle of Anglesey so as with my goose shooting it looks like I will be travelling for my deer stalking.
    Thanks for reading.
    Welcome to the site. Speak to Gelert and Toad on the site. They both live near to you and may be able to offer some advice. They are a couple of good guys.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Welcome to the site. Speak to Gelert and Toad on the site. They both live near to you and may be able to offer some advice. They are a couple of good guys.
    Cheers for that Sikamalc, and thank you for the warm welcomes.

Similar Threads

  1. Just a quick Hello
    By dowow23 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 12:05
  2. take a quick look!
    By buckup in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 22:39
  3. Quick hello
    By RobSparkle in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-08-2012, 13:58
  4. That was quick..
    By Norrie1956 in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 22-07-2011, 20:46
  5. Not Quick enough
    By Mannlicher_Stu in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 21:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •