Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 270 win FMJ Ammo

270 win FMJ Ammo

Hi all I just got my Fac, I am looking for some fmj 270 win ammo for use on in door range to set up new rifle / sight when I eventually settle on make / model . Been looking on the net and it looks like 270 win fmj are like hens teeth/ hard to find..
    So any help would be greatly appreciated. The rifle will be used for deer stalking , but dont have any ground where I can zero hence the need for fmj for use on range

Quote Originally Posted by 1RSMOR View Post
    Hi all I just got my Fac, I am looking for some fmj 270 win ammo for use on in door range to set up new rifle / sight when I eventually settle on make / model . Been looking on the net and it looks like 270 win fmj are like hens teeth/ hard to find..
    So any help would be greatly appreciated. The rifle will be used for deer stalking , but dont have any ground where I can zero hence the need for fmj for use on range
    Be a god idea to zero with the ammo you will be using for stalking. Won't the indoor range allow this?

The range only allows non expanding ammo.

The range only allows non expanding ammo.
    That's a shame as there isn't any guarantee that you'll get the same poi with your stalking ammo as you fmj.

Sako used to do a 130Grain RN FMJ not sure if they still do.

Yip I understand that, the range is only to check that the new rifle/sight is on tgt . I would hopefully be able to check zero on any ground that I am going to shoot with the appropriate ammo for stalking the type of deer on that ground.

Cheers will look in to that.

135gr SMK's
    usually get them from Kranks posted

they have an almost identical POI and trajectory compared to the 130gr Interlocks I stalk with when loaded with 55gr N160

What range if you dont mind me asking? I was at Bisley at Braidwood a few weeks ago and they are putting the finishing touches to the 100m pipe range for use with expanding ammo i.e. Homeloads and the like.

The ranges is Morton clays just out side Livingston thay are just about finished a 6 lane indoor range I have spoken to them and thay have said non expanding ammo only..