T8 moderator bush with o ring?

Offroad Gary

I’ve seen posts on various forums about reflex moderator bushes being fitted with “o rings” to prevent barrels being marked – has anyone had this done? And by who? Cheers in advance if anyone has the answer.

If the bush is marking the barrel its too tight and needs opening. None of my bushes mark the barrel with my moderators. ;)

Jager SA said:
If the bush is marking the barrel its too tight and needs opening. None of my bushes mark the barrel with my moderators. ;)

The bush of a properly fitted reflex mod should not touch when tight, but when loose, if the thread is cut properly it will, the end of the mod will swing on the thread. This is to prevent damage to the thread if the moderator works loose, the bush takes up the slack when your fat mate sits on it under the coat on the back seat of the truck or the dog jumps all over it in the slip. If you remove your mods after every use then eventually there will be some marking, especially on a coated barrel, mine get used about 3 or 4 times most weeks. I’m getting a brand new barrel and will have a new T8 for it – just fancied trying this out. Although I’m not sure why as within a few months the bit under the bush will be the best bit on it

Back