Thread: British sporting rifle club

British sporting rifle club

Anybody know anything about the British sporting rifle club?

do many people use large calibre double rifles?

Aye up mate, i would say that although large doubles may be used on running deer I don't think that really big bores such as 500 NE would be used. A 400+ grain .510 bullet is excessive in power and cost.
    Plus most ranges won't allow expanding ammo so that limits whomever would want to do such a thing.

Why don't you contact the club via their website to get the answer straight from the horsse's mouth as it were. When we shot the H4H event this year it was mentioned that Normally the limit is cartridges of case capacity no greater than .30-06 and I also believe that expanding ammo may be used for zeroing purposes and reasonable practise but not for competition use.
    Please do check with the club itself as enough problems were caused by a few ill informed people earlier this year on this website that could have put the H4H shoot in jepody.
    Last edited by 8x57; 22-07-2014 at 18:28.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Why don't you contact the club via their website to get the answer straight from the horsse's mouth as it were. When we shot the H4H event this year it was mentioned that Normally the limit is cartridges of case capacity no greater than .30-06 and I also believe that expanding ammo may be used for zeroing purposes and reasonable practise but not for competition use.
    Please do check with the club itself as enough problems were caused by a few ill informed people earlier this year on this website that could have put the H4H shoot in jepody.
    First port of call should be the club secretary, Heather Hall at secretary@bsrc.co.uk. Heather will take the question to one of the club officers to respond.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks. I just checked out here website don't think they have a solution to my problem.

neither to kyamco they have plenty in stock

Last edited by Greener Jim; 22-07-2014 at 20:07. Reason: Posted out of context

Thanks for the suggestion greener Jim.

i am off to the Africa hunting forum, hopefully find a buyer there.

for anyone that read my initial post but did not get a chance to read my clarification before the post was pulled, the bullets never left my local rfd's shelf, I own them don't actually have physical possession.

Happy days mate. No qualms. Hopefully you'll find someone. I'd have 'em if I could justify a 500 NE (or BPE) to the FEO!

You could contact Trevor Proctor

He has built several rifles of this calibre for clients - perhaps he could put them your way if thats what you want - to sell excess ammunition?

Speak to Ron Wharton of Rigby's as he is down that way and he deals a lot with Safari clients as well as building Rigby style rifles.