View Poll Results: Would you shoot roe with a c/f .22 in England?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I have done discreetly.

9 12.86%
  • No, even if it was permitted I wouldn't.

22 31.43%
  • I would like to be able to choose for myself.

39 55.71%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe Calibres

Roe Calibres

Just thinking of the strange combination of laws we have North and South of the border.

How about changing the first option to just Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser66
    How about changing the first option to just Yes?
    You are absolutely right. I'm not sure I can edit a poll, too much fresh air for me today made me less careful in the wording than usual.

Buggered if I know how to change the poll wording during the poll itself, but if you put a call in to Labour Party HQ they will probably put you down the right road

Apart from the obvious border what difference is there between a Scottish Roe and an English Roe , there are thousands shot every year with 22CF.
    there is a lot of waffle talked about calibres and bullet weights if you stick one in the boiler house it doesnt matter whether its a 50g bt or a 150g rn
    dead is dead and if its in the wrong place the same applies your in bother no matter what it is
    just wish they would make it legal cause I love my .222

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser66
    Buggered if I know how to change the poll wording during the poll itself, but if you put a call in to Labour Party HQ they will probably put you down the right road

Quote Originally Posted by bogwelly
    Apart from the obvious border what difference is there between a Scottish Roe and an English Roe , there are thousands shot every year with 22CF.
    there is a lot of waffle talked about calibres and bullet weights if you stick one in the boiler house it doesnt matter whether its a 50g bt or a 150g rn
    dead is dead and if its in the wrong place the same applies your in bother no matter what it is
    just wish they would make it legal cause I love my .222
    + 1

If I only had a .222 and there were no silly wee laws in the way I'd just get on with the job. Some of the light varmint bullets may be unsuitable, but normal soft points not driven too fast do a great job. Never felt undergunned with a .222 out after roe.

I certainly would. Bullet placement is the key.

Grant

I disagree with most of the views here..

If some of the shots ive seen were taken with a .22 there would undoubtedly have been a good few more lost deer..

The bullet placement argument rarely stands up in the field amongst such a large group of stalkers with varying levels of experience..

Thankfully the calibres used amongst many of the stalkers i have met have ensured the margin of error has still seen the deer despatched humanely..

Ive met a lot of stalkers especially over the last three years and including myself i have seen a huge number of them with the look of horror as a shot has not gone as planned ..

Terry