Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sausages!!!

Sausages!!!

The end result of the culprit that entered my garden last week, trashed my apple trees and squashed my raspberries.......... spicy, apple and plain, 90lb in total

only seems fair.. they look fantastic! Do they make a regular occurance of stepping into your garden? Did you gralloch and skin it yourself? If so, how difficult was it?

Cracking result! If you don't mind me asking, did you produce the sausages yourself or give to a butcher to do? I've only made burgers and sausages once each and it took forever. Seeing some folks seem to be able to get their local butchers to produce for them for a modest fee is becoming a somewhat appealing prospect. Equally, I guess there is added satisfaction of producing oneself.
    Tim

that is simply a perfect result from start to finish, top marks that man

Hi Flyingfisherman,

Seems to have been a very good past year for breeding and quite a few about, they don't usually enter my garden but they've been feeding on adjoining barley field and the piece of fence I've been meaning to fix, well you can guess the rest! Gralloch easy, skinning not so! They both went over 220lb guts out and skin has to be cut pretty much all the way.

Tim, much as I would like to say I made them myself, they were made by my local butcher at 80p a lb. Most of the back end when into joints and steaks, so plenty to go round.

ATB

T

Thanks Thomas and congrats again, they really look like they're going to make fine eating.
    Tim

Looks good. Need to cull myself another one up solway this year and improve my sausages probably call on a favour from someone on here.
    Bugger to skin.

Regular Poster
    Nice one, well done. How much fat was on it (round the belly or back, say)? I'd be interested to make some belly bacon from one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Foss View Post
    Nice one, well done. How much fat was on it (round the belly or back, say)? I'd be interested to make some belly bacon from one of those.

Hi Foss.

Lots of fat on both of them inside and out, couldn't see their kidneys they were so thickly covered. Don't think I ever shot a thin one!

ATB

T

Hopefully they will taste as good as they look.