Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alternative to shooting sticks???

alternative to shooting sticks???

have never had the need for them so far but if the need arises, don't think I'd get along with them..... Anybody ever use something like this for a walking stick? A little more user friendly by the looks of it... Looks can be deceiving tho....

http://www.frankonia.de/383071/26464...ng&lmEntry3=FB

I don't use shooting sticks either , but that does look to be useful . I think I'll make one up and give it a try . I'll keep you posted . And by the way , I'm still looking for that BLR mag for you .

AB

MTM made a walking stick cane with and adjustable slider. I think I got one for Christmas one year and gave it away the next.~Muir

That's pretty cool Daven. It has a flaw or two mind i.e. what if there aren't any skinny trees about, skinny trees move a lot, if you carry a strong stick to attach it too just get shooting sticks, plus it doesn't look particularly stable.
    All that being said, for something that fits in your pocket and is €15, I'd probably have one "just incase"

If that's your style of shooting why not get a tape sling/endless loop used by climbers. You could girth hitch it to a variety of tree sizes and pass your rifle through the tail loop. This would allow you to traverse or follow a target. Quad sticks would be quicker and more stable though.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    I don't use shooting sticks either , but that does look to be useful . I think I'll make one up and give it a try . I'll keep you posted . And by the way , I'm still looking for that BLR mag for you .

AB
    Thanks! I just ordered one of these things... pretty much always have a walking stick and just cut a bunch of perfect size hazelnut..... That little BLR pretty much holds itself steady as it is....

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    That's pretty cool Daven. It has a flaw or two mind i.e. what if there aren't any skinny trees about, skinny trees move a lot, if you carry a strong stick to attach it too just get shooting sticks, plus it doesn't look particularly stable.
    All that being said, for something that fits in your pocket and is €15, I'd probably have one "just incase"
    I keep looking at them sticks ..... the two stick ones may not be so bad, but the 3 way ones seem like they'd be like jacking off with a boxing glove...... we'll see how it goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    I keep looking at them sticks ..... the two stick ones may not be so bad, but the 3 way ones seem like they'd be like jacking off with a boxing glove...... we'll see how it goes.....
    With boxing gloves lol , that's a mental image I don't need

AB

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    have never had the need for them so far but if the need arises, don't think I'd get along with them..... Anybody ever use something like this for a walking stick? A little more user friendly by the looks of it... Looks can be deceiving tho....

http://www.frankonia.de/383071/26464...ng&lmEntry3=FB
    You can save EURO 15.95 by just using a forked hazel stick!
    Last edited by Erik Hamburger; 25-07-2014 at 20:33.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    You can save EURO 15.95 by just using a hazel stick!
    Yea....... but what kinda story would that be????? "saw the buck, took a rest on my thumb and shot it......"