Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The price of European puppies.

  1. #1

    The price of European puppies.

    I know this thread will be closed sooner or later but I just wanted to say,

    Holy sweet Jesus, how much do people want to charge for a puppy from abroad??? Do they lay golden eggs or what?

    Please people, don't part with thousands of pounds for a pup that you have no idea about. Google is a wonderful thing, it makes the world a tiny place and finding such puppies very easy. Use the money to go look at them.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

  2. #2
    Not always the case,

    I know where there is a six month old Lab(Denmark)that is had nothing else but track training and is for sale due to the to ill health.
    the cost is 750
    about the same as you would pay for a good dog of that age here,

    what part of the world are you talking about and what breed?

    cheers Tony

    UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

  3. #3
    Shabz,your correct....

    Pups from abroad....quality costs less money not more.

    For HS/BGS pups there are 12 member societies of the ISHV(Internationale Schweisshund Verband),these dogs/pups are the very best dogs available within the breed,proven to work-every dog within the pedigree-every dog.....these dogs are cheaper than those from outwith the society without proper papers.

    If a pedigree has dogs missing don't buy.
    If parents,grandparents etc etc are not health tested don't buy.

    Quality is cheaper.

    That lab pup Tony is talking of-it is cheap.....very cheap.

    https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  4. #4
    YOU'RE DEAD RIGHT!
    One poster on here quoted me 2136 for a Brandlebracke pup !
    said that " I didn't understand what was involved in the importing process... that there were no breeders in the UK" blah blah blah

    they need to seriously think long & hard about giving their day job up!

    Jeezus I could get a couple of Internet brides for the price of one pup & have a **** load less hassle importing them !

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Not always the case,

    I know where there is a six month old Lab(Denmark)that is had nothing else but track training and is for sale due to the to ill health.
    the cost is 750
    about the same as you would pay for a good dog of that age here,

    what part of the world are you talking about and what breed?

    cheers Tony

    I've been looking at HPRs really. Rather than dedicated tracking dogs. There's a GWP puppy for sale in Slovakia for heaps of money. It looked like a good dog (breeding wise) but the money.
    I was offered a job about 10 years ago in Slovakia. At the time I was making about 15 an hour here and they were paying €5 per hour which was about the same money standard of living wise so there has either been a dramatic boom in Slovaks economy or this guy wants to retire off one dog!

    iI also found a fully trained GWP in Denmark sired by a double champion for about a grand. A better, proven dog for a third of the price.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

  6. #6
    Its actualy dead easy to import pups....its even easier to export them!

    I have imported one myself and my freinds quite often import them.
    You will not be able to import a 8 week old puppy though.
    They need to have a rabbies injection then wait a period. This means they will need to be kennelled in their birth home.
    Its not a big deal but adds a bit of cost to the deal.
    Good breeders are usually happy to do this.

    I have seen the ads on here too. May advice is do it yourself!
    It is cheaper and you can choose the pup you want from the lines you want.
    Europe is a very small place these days!
    We take our bitches over to france when we are after a stud dog.

    PM me if anyone wants more info.
    Last edited by scubadog; 25-07-2014 at 21:32.

  7. #7
    Importing puppy from EU.!!! Rabies injection 12weeks.old !! Can be moved 15 weeks old. Plus tapeworm..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    I've been looking at HPRs really. Rather than dedicated tracking dogs. There's a GWP puppy for sale in Slovakia for heaps of money. It looked like a good dog (breeding wise) but the money.
    I was offered a job about 10 years ago in Slovakia. At the time I was making about 15 an hour here and they were paying €5 per hour which was about the same money standard of living wise so there has either been a dramatic boom in Slovaks economy or this guy wants to retire off one dog!

    iI also found a fully trained GWP in Denmark sired by a double champion for about a grand. A better, proven dog for a third of the price.
    shabz
    if you are really serious about getting a good dog
    the Lab Tony has mentioned will fit more than that bill in my eyes
    it is not just a tracking dog but a dog of multi talents
    it takes all in it's stride
    6. Months old
    it is good on the whistle
    trained to pick up
    trained to track
    at this age it is also 20kg
    laid back and does not jump all over the place like a fool
    750
    as in Denmark you may need to add another 100 for rabies worming and vet check if bringing back to UK
    and your travel cost
    but it will probably be one of the best pups you may ever purchase
    Infact
    if any one is going to Denmark in the next few weeks or have a danish friend coming to the UK that will be happy to bring a 6 month lab dog back to the UK
    please pm me

    UKDTR. Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    shabz
    if you are really serious about getting a good dog
    the Lab Tony has mentioned will fit more than that bill in my eyes
    it is not just a tracking dog but a dog of multi talents
    it takes all in it's stride
    6. Months old
    it is good on the whistle
    trained to pick up
    trained to track
    at this age it is also 20kg
    laid back and does not jump all over the place like a fool
    750
    as in Denmark you may need to add another 100 for rabies worming and vet check if bringing back to UK
    and your travel cost
    but it will probably be one of the best pups you may ever purchase
    Infact
    if any one is going to Denmark in the next few weeks or have a danish friend coming to the UK that will be happy to bring a 6 month lab dog back to the UK
    please pm me
    Thanks, I'm not looking for a pup though, I just saw some adverts and thought the prices were a bit steep! I'll probably import a pup when one of my current dogs die, but that probably won't be for five or so years.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    Thanks, I'm not looking for a pup though, I just saw some adverts and thought the prices were a bit steep! I'll probably import a pup when one of my current dogs die, but that probably won't be for five or so years.
    yes I did think thoes prices and thought they very steep,
    But I guess people vote with there wallets and that's there choice,

    UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Similar Threads

  1. European Elections
    By csl in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 10:04
  2. European hunting
    By Rutland lad in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-01-2014, 04:58
  3. A European Cliff's Perhaps?
    By Paul at Fechan in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 21:26
  4. European Optics.
    By Pop Shot in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 16:00
  5. Do we need European Firearms Passport
    By gary in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 06:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •