Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSPB persuade M&S to take grouse off shelves

Regular Poster

RSPB persuade M&S to take grouse off shelves

BBC reporting that, due to illegal grouse shoots, M&S cannot verify its source of grouse and so will no longer be offering grouse on its shelves. Persuaded by letter from ex RSPB's Mark Avery [​edited] says M&S would otherwise be condoning criminal activity.

BBC News - Marks and Spencer takes grouse off the shelves

Here's the link to ex RSPB Mark Avery's letter A grouse with MS | Mark Avery

The letter just reeks of intimidation rather than information.
    Last edited by Foss; 26-07-2014 at 10:01. Reason: correction - Mark Avery no longer RSPB

Quote Originally Posted by Foss View Post
    BBC reporting that, due to illegal grouse shoots, M&S cannot verify its source of grouse and so will no longer be offering grouse on its shelves. Persuaded by letter from RSPB that says M&S would otherwise be condoning criminal activity.

BBC News - Marks and Spencer takes grouse off the shelves

Here's the link to the RSPB's letter A grouse with MS | Mark Avery

The letter just reeks of intimidation rather than information.
    WTF is an " illegal grouse shoot " ??
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

What exactly is an ILLEGAL grouse shoot ?????
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Really poor show when writing such a letter to rely solely on emotive language and sweeping accusatory claims that you either can't or won't (I suspect I know which!) expand on. Wouldn't even get published on Wikipedia with that level of unsubstantiated "information" being touted.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    What exactly is an ILLEGAL grouse shoot ?????
    An illegal grouse shoot is when you use more than one terrier at a time to bolt them from their earths, stun them with a high powered lamp, then shoot them with a rifle smaller than a .243, on land deemed unsuitable by the chief officer of police, where you don't have the permission of the landowner, on Christmas day.
    although I think you can use a .223 in Scotland. I hope that makes sense.

Complaint sent to the BBC News staff....................again

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    An illegal grouse shoot is when you use more than one terrier at a time to bolt them from their earths, stun them with a high powered lamp, then shoot them with a rifle smaller than a .243, on land deemed unsuitable by the chief officer of police, where you don't have the permission of the landowner, on Christmas day.
    although I think you can use a .223 in Scotland. I hope that makes sense.
    You do need a tough terrier to shift them lol
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Good job m&s ,now people might go to there local butchers to bye ,hopefully they Will stop selling all meats.

i think this is just a knee jerk reaction by m/s takeing them off the shelves,if it had been chicken drummers they would have told him to f+++ right off,how many grouse do they sell in a year christ they probably spend more on trollys,
    DONT START

RSPB are far too powerful for a charity this is just another instance of applying pressure to suit there own agenda, how about they publish the report into what poisoned the kites and buzzards in black isle if they were illegally poisoned they have nothing to hide. I suggest we all go to m&s and ask for oven ready grouse