Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Redding master 2 scale

  1. #1

    Redding master 2 scale

    Does any one have one of these? If so would you be able to weigh the pan support? Picked up one that was missing it but at 5 I thing it may pay off as a project.

    Thanks,

    Ben

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguisgod View Post
    Does any one have one of these? If so would you be able to weigh the pan support? Picked up one that was missing it but at 5 I thing it may pay off as a project.

    Thanks,

    Ben
    That's a good find Ben - There's no reason why you can't get this up and running ok. I you're talking about the Redding No 2 scale I have a couple and can take a photo of the bit you have missing and also give you an idea of how much they weigh - Do you have the pan? Have you access to a lathe?

    Allan

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    That's a good find Ben - There's no reason why you can't get this up and running ok. I you're talking about the Redding No 2 scale I have a couple and can take a photo of the bit you have missing and also give you an idea of how much they weigh - Do you have the pan? Have you access to a lathe?

    Allan
    What's the lathe for?~Muir

  4. #4
    It is the number 2 scale. Yes I do have the pan, lathe know but the machine shop guys in work all like cakes.

    Ben

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    What's the lathe for?~Muir
    The Redding No 2 doesn't have a conventional weight box like the RCBS/Dillon/Lymans. The pan rests on a flat plate, the Tare weight is set by the two nuts on the end of the beam. To make a good job of a new pan support it would be nice to turn up a small flat disc and grubscrew it to the hanger wire. Also you may well need to turn up a small weight (Brass washer?) to fit between the two nuts as there may not be enough adjustment just with the nuts alone.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguisgod View Post
    It is the number 2 scale. Yes I do have the pan, lathe know but the machine shop guys in work all like cakes.

    Ben
    I'll get a couple of photos sorted today if I can.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    The Redding No 2 doesn't have a conventional weight box like the RCBS/Dillon/Lymans. The pan rests on a flat plate, the Tare weight is set by the two nuts on the end of the beam. To make a good job of a new pan support it would be nice to turn up a small flat disc and grubscrew it to the hanger wire. Also you may well need to turn up a small weight (Brass washer?) to fit between the two nuts as there may not be enough adjustment just with the nuts alone.
    Ok - bit of a brain fart this morning. The Redding No 2 does have a small weight box, it's the hornady/Pacific scales with the adjusting nuts on the end of the beam.

    Here's a pic of a Redding No 2 pan support. This one weighs 188 grains.

  8. #8
    A small jar lid, coat hanger wire, odd washers, epoxy, patience. I fixed up an RCBS 505 i this manner. You only need to get close to the weight of the original as the leveling screw will take care of the rest, right?~Muir

  9. #9
    Thanks for the help guys, turns out she remembered the model name and told me that she had ordered one today, just got to wait for the postman now.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Redding #3 (Universal) Master Powder Measure
    By Webley Boy in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 13:43
  2. Redding #2 or Lyman 500 scale?
    By Digger686 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 16:02
  3. *SOLD* redding #1 beam scale!
    By karbon77 in forum Reloading
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-01-2014, 20:46
  4. For Sale Redding No 2 Powder Scale
    By chickenman in forum Reloading
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 19:32
  5. For Sale redding no 1 bullet and powder scale 1
    By leec6.5 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-03-2011, 19:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •