Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contaminated food.

Contaminated food.

Had a day on our shoot in the pheasant pens and a couple of beers in my local.
    I phoned the best Indian restuarant locally for a delivery and it came quicker than an ambulance. I opened the small containers and started to eat when i noticed something in the sauce. It was a 3" long piece of metal like a cutting off a lathe and the thickness of a wire fishing trace.
    I called the restuarant and spoke to the owner and he initiall was not believing me then he said he would call round which he never.... Where from here?

Whisk it away to the Public health people.

It`s part of the pan scourers they use.

Have seen it before in takeaway food. The pans often just get a scour between dishes and the pads sometimes break off.

Well you will insist of Foreign muck just the smell of it turns my stomach.

Your local councils Trading Standards is whom needs to know. The should check on their food safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    It`s part of the pan scourers they use.

Have seen it before in takeaway food. The pans often just get a scour between dishes and the pads sometimes break off.
    I'd go with that

Being part of the scourer makes sense. The cleaning in between is often done by a youngster, being rushed and chivied along, getting flustered or just not caring. It happens.
    That doesn't mean it should be ignored !
    I'd expect them to apologise, a gesture to put right, thanks for pointing it out to them and reassurance they'd point out the slip up to the person/people involved.

If you've had a lack of response I'd pass it on to the local health people. Not so much for the big stick and retribution approach. The EHO will contact them, probably do an inspection and the general standards will be bucked up. Complacency in food prep easily leads to carelessness then to real problems.

Pan scourer seems like the culprit. Might have made for some exciting biting?

or fun if you warmed it up in the microwave

I love takeaways but it does make you wonder sometimes when this sort of thing happens. Like the chinese fairly local to us that got shut down when a dog microchip was found in a dish and the owners traced from it!!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory