Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poachers active North Wilts

Poachers active North Wilts

Having read a post on here last week I Pm'd the author, this individual is well known to the N Bristol/Wilts SDF members as an active poacher.

Beware guys clearly there will be some drive by shootings now the rut is on.

D

If this guy is so well known, hasn't, anyone informed the police ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    If this guy is so well known, hasn't, anyone informed the police ?
    you can tell the police as much as you like they wont be able to do anything based on what they will see as hear say, dont get me wrong im not saying any of the info cyres is saying is wrong but until you actualy catch them doing something wrong the police wont be interested and when you do spot them you will be told by the police not to approach and wait for firearms to turn up and 45mins later when they do arrive your poacher is 10 miles down the road. On the other hand if you thought your life was in danger by some mad-man waving a gun around you would have the chopper over you in 10 mins, but you would have to be sure you were in danger of course

Cheers Cyres, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I think I know who we're on about. Name comes up at the Pub meet quite a lot? I've heard he's getting himself into trouble again. Farmer asked me what the five shots were on a day I wasn't there recently.

From what I understand the police have been informed and unless caught in the act little happens. Even if occurs which I know has happened with another individual then despite good evidence no charges were brought.

Half the problem is its occuring over South Glos, Wilts and Somerset and guess what nobody in the police talks to each other. The wildlife crime officers are as rare as hens teath and have huge areas to cover so they can't get on top of the matter.

It also happens so quickly how often do you see a roe buck in a small field whilst driving down an isolated country lane? could be all over in a matter of minutes and moderated shot doesnt cause to much concern, 20 mins later could be in another county.

Just a case of raising awarness amongst local stalkers who might be out at this time of the year we might just get lucky.

D

Guys,

thanks for all the PM's I have passed on info to other members , now also appears parts of Somerset are being targeted with vechicles seen cruising and stopping in gateways, keep your eyes peeled as it appears rut is well on and roadside bucks will be targeted.

D

The two trucks to watch out for are a black Mitsubishi L200 Trojan and a Black Toyota Hilux Invincible. If you want the registration numbers, feel free to PM me. If you catch either of these individuals on your permission with rifles, phone the police immediately on 999 and also contact Avon & Somerset firearms Licencing on 01179455175 ASAP.
    These individuals have been caught red handed numerous times but have always got away with it mainly because the above actions were not taken. They mainly operate early in the morning, keeping to their own patch in the evenings, but not always.
    It is a Father and son team and the Father is a big bloke who can be quite intimidating. Don't be fooled by this. He is your typical bully. If you stand up to him he will back down especially if you have the law on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    The two trucks to watch out for are a black Mitsubishi L200 Trojan and a Black Toyota Hilux Invincible. If you want the registration numbers, feel free to PM me. If you catch either of these individuals on your permission with rifles, phone the police immediately on 999 and also contact Avon & Somerset firearms Licencing on 01179455175 ASAP.
    These individuals have been caught red handed numerous times but have always got away with it mainly because the above actions were not taken. They mainly operate early in the morning, keeping to their own patch in the evenings, but not always.
    It is a Father and son team and the Father is a big bloke who can be quite intimidating. Don't be fooled by this. He is your typical bully. If you stand up to him he will back down especially if you have the law on your side.
    Did we not go down this road a few years ago and did I not have to intervene then? As I recall this resulted in you being visited by the Police, this site is not here for you, or anyone else, to carry out personal vendettas. Please bear this in my mind.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Did we not go down this road a few years ago and did I not have to intervene then? As I recall this resulted in you being visited by the Police, this site is not here for you, or anyone else, to carry out personal vendettas. Please bear this in my mind.

John
    John

I understand your stance on this but you are not the one suffering from these guys antics. I did indeed have a visit from the police but when they realised that these guys were under investigation by their own constabulary, and still are, they did nothing (not that there was anything they could do anyway, I wasnt the one breaking the law!). As far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed and I will not make any other comments. However, the offer of the number plates still stands.