Poachers active North Wilts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyres

Having read a post on here last week I Pm'd the author, this individual is well known to the N Bristol/Wilts SDF members as an active poacher.

Beware guys clearly there will be some drive by shootings now the rut is on.

D

If this guy is so well known, hasn't, anyone informed the police ?
you can tell the police as much as you like they wont be able to do anything based on what they will see as hear say, dont get me wrong im not saying any of the info cyres is saying is wrong but until you actualy catch them doing something wrong the police wont be interested and when you do spot them you will be told by the police not to approach and wait for firearms to turn up and 45mins later when they do arrive your poacher is 10 miles down the road. On the other hand if you thought your life was in danger by some mad-man waving a gun around you would have the chopper over you in 10 mins, but you would have to be sure you were in danger of course ;)

I think I know who we're on about. Name comes up at the Pub meet quite a lot? I've heard he's getting himself into trouble again. Farmer asked me what the five shots were on a day I wasn't there recently.

From what I understand the police have been informed and unless caught in the act little happens. Even if occurs which I know has happened with another individual then despite good evidence no charges were brought.

Half the problem is its occuring over South Glos, Wilts and Somerset and guess what nobody in the police talks to each other. The wildlife crime officers are as rare as hens teath and have huge areas to cover so they can't get on top of the matter.

It also happens so quickly how often do you see a roe buck in a small field whilst driving down an isolated country lane? could be all over in a matter of minutes and moderated shot doesnt cause to much concern, 20 mins later could be in another county.

Just a case of raising awarness amongst local stalkers who might be out at this time of the year we might just get lucky.

D

Guys,

thanks for all the PM's I have passed on info to other members , now also appears parts of Somerset are being targeted with vechicles seen cruising and stopping in gateways, keep your eyes peeled as it appears rut is well on and roadside bucks will be targeted.

D

The two trucks to watch out for are a black Mitsubishi L200 Trojan and a Black Toyota Hilux Invincible. If you want the registration numbers, feel free to PM me. If you catch either of these individuals on your permission with rifles, phone the police immediately on 999 and also contact Avon & Somerset firearms Licencing on 01179455175 ASAP.
These individuals have been caught red handed numerous times but have always got away with it mainly because the above actions were not taken. They mainly operate early in the morning, keeping to their own patch in the evenings, but not always.
It is a Father and son team and the Father is a big bloke who can be quite intimidating. Don't be fooled by this. He is your typical bully. If you stand up to him he will back down especially if you have the law on your side.

The two trucks to watch out for are a black Mitsubishi L200 Trojan and a Black Toyota Hilux Invincible. If you want the registration numbers, feel free to PM me. If you catch either of these individuals on your permission with rifles, phone the police immediately on 999 and also contact Avon & Somerset firearms Licencing on 01179455175 ASAP.
These individuals have been caught red handed numerous times but have always got away with it mainly because the above actions were not taken. They mainly operate early in the morning, keeping to their own patch in the evenings, but not always.
It is a Father and son team and the Father is a big bloke who can be quite intimidating. Don't be fooled by this. He is your typical bully. If you stand up to him he will back down especially if you have the law on your side.

Did we not go down this road a few years ago and did I not have to intervene then? As I recall this resulted in you being visited by the Police, this site is not here for you, or anyone else, to carry out personal vendettas. Please bear this in my mind.

John

Did we not go down this road a few years ago and did I not have to intervene then? As I recall this resulted in you being visited by the Police, this site is not here for you, or anyone else, to carry out personal vendettas. Please bear this in my mind.

John

John

I understand your stance on this but you are not the one suffering from these guys antics. I did indeed have a visit from the police but when they realised that these guys were under investigation by their own constabulary, and still are, they did nothing (not that there was anything they could do anyway, I wasnt the one breaking the law!). As far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed and I will not make any other comments. However, the offer of the number plates still stands.

As it is late evening and my colleague is not on line I will make an addition to this thread.

Poaching in any form is theft, anyone who carries this out is a thief and is not a deer stalker. That is my personal opinion and I stick by it. If the police are involved then hopefully if any criminality has been undertaken the culprits will feel the full force of the law upon their shoulders, and I personally hope they are prosecuted and their firearms certificate revoked.
It is also worth bearing in mind that it is the deer that suffer, and are treated without respect by such actions.

As my colleague has pointed out this is NOT the place for any private vendetta's and as such any one who treats it as such will be banned as far as I am concerned.

I suggest that if the police are investigating this matter then they are left to get on with it. Giving out number plates on this site via private PM is NOT going to help anyone and may be incorrect information. I suggest you pass on any such evidence/information to the police otherwise it could lead to further confusion and fingers pointed in the wrong place.

Admin.

I have PM'd Alex re this.

This is not a private vendetta at all, just the exchange of information between stalkers in this area who are suffering from repeated poaching.

It all appears that the same two coloured vechlices with the same reg plates have been seen operating in areas where they do not have permission to stalk.
These nos have been reported to the police and have been exchanged between stalkers with ground in the areas.The hope is that we will eventually catch them in the act.

Undoubltly they will be aware that this has been highlighten on this forum.

Unfortunately we are having to deal with 2/3 different police forces and they do not talk to each other.

A long time ago I had a lengthy meeting with PIP about poaching in the Bristol area and it was then I was made aware of another person who was poaching.

I have gone to considerable lengths to establish that the information we are sharing is correct and nothing I have heard or recieved has shown that is anything but correct.

We are all at our witts end because it appears that despite the police and A@S firearms licensing being fully informed nothing is being done and the only way its likely to get sorted is if they are caught red handed and the advice PIP posted is followed.

Prehaps we should post the persons names and reg no's on here and give them a right to reply.

D

Why not tell the RSPCA they seem to prosecute/persecute the world and his wife at the drop of a hat?

That might solve the problem, that or write to the Chief Constable to ask why nothing is being done to deal with the crime, it is a crime after all as Malc has said. There are some who might suggest that the impact on others of poaching is low but that venison will no doubt end up in the food chain, will it have been handled correctly? You could always find out to where they are selling the meat and involve Food Standards.

Your final option, if you feel that you can prove that they have committed the offence, would be to serve them with notice for a private prosecution for theft.

Admin.

This is not a private vendetta at all, just the exchange of information between stalkers in this area who are suffering from repeated poaching.

It all appears that the same two coloured vechlices with the same reg plates have been seen operating in areas where they do not have permission to stalk.
These nos have been reported to the police and have been exchanged between stalkers with ground in the areas.The hope is that we will eventually catch them in the act.

Undoubltly they will be aware that this has been highlighten on this forum.

Unfortunately we are having to deal with 2/3 different police forces and they do not talk to each other.

A long time ago I had a lengthy meeting with PIP about poaching in the Bristol area and it was then I was made aware of another person who was poaching.

I have gone to considerable lengths to establish that the information we are sharing is correct and nothing I have heard or recieved has shown that is anything but correct.

We are all at our witts end because it appears that despite the police and A@S firearms licensing being fully informed nothing is being done and the only way its likely to get sorted is if they are caught red handed and the advice PIP posted is followed.

Prehaps we should post the persons names and reg no's on here and give them a right to reply.

D

I am well aware of you contacting Alex. We as in all 3 site owners are aware of your PM and others. But I stand by what I have said in my previous post, and I know my colleagues feel the same way.

Please do not think that I am not sympathetic to anyone's plight with regards to poaching, and armed trespass. If you have enough evidence and you are not getting the right response from the police, then write to all 3 chief constables and make a formal complaint.

I would hope that your request for positive action by the police would be taken seriously, armed trespass and poaching needs to be stamped out and we need better laws to make sure convictions can be made.

I will repeat what my colleague has said, this site is not for vendettas, please bare that in mind.

Admin.

Dave,

I haven't received a PM from you?

As you know, I'm aware of the situation around this area but as Malc says, we can't have these things battled out on the site, it's not what we are here for.

Alex

Last edited:
Let me make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR. If anyone is passing personal information via PM to other members, such as addresses and licence plate numbers...............

YOU WILL BE BANNED.

would it not make more sence to lock this thread and protect SD

THE END:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back