Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
    27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
    53 to flame the spell checkers.
    41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
    15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.
    156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".
    109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
    203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped.
    111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.
    306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
    27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
    14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
    33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
    12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
    19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".
    4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
    44 to ask what is a "FAQ".
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Apologies - should have gone in joke section. Anyone recognise themselves!
    Last edited by Dama; 28-07-2014 at 17:50.

Good post, and not much to argue about in that lot!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    You've missed these:

12 to say that changing lightbulbs should be covered by CLC1 (Changing Lightbulb Certificate 1)
    23 to say that, because it's practical-based, it should really be covered by CLC2
    128 to say it's all a conspiracy and that CLC1/CLC2 is simply a scheme to make millions put together by a closed shop of stalking grandees
    3 to start offering pre-CLC courses
    4 to start offering Humane Lightbulb Despatch courses
    6 to offer their services as LMQ (Lightbulb Management Qualifications) accredited witnesses
    41 to argue over which organisation offers the cheapest insurance for changing lightbulbs

and how could I have missed:

7 to offer conflicting quotes from legislation to support their conflicting arguments
    13 to argue over whether the Best Practice from England & Wales or Scotland should apply

and 1 to say that he's had enough and is giving up changing lightbulbs
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 28-07-2014 at 18:16.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    you missed this one.

1 to say this is not deer related so why is it on the forum

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Don't forget me that will be,
    1 who has to put it in the right forum, and possibly
    1 to close it when the light bulbs turn nasty.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Best thread all year!

Nothing beats humour for airing out the 'house' - well done Dama
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

you forgot 1 smartarse to try and ridicule everyone else with a joke.........................
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Enter one smartarse...

Depends if the light bulb is on a stile 'cos the legislation is a lot more complicated.
    Last edited by private fraser; 29-07-2014 at 12:28.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Also need 1 American poster who owns and has changed countless lightbulbs of different wattages, fitment and filament to tell us an anecdote about the last time he changed one of a particular type relevant to the original post.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by FURNOTFEATHER View Post
    Also need 1 American poster who owns and has changed countless lightbulbs of different wattages, fitment and filament to tell us an anecdote about the last time he changed one of a particular type relevant to the original post.
    ...and that when he last dropped by the lightbulb shop in town they had premium bulbs of that type for under a $1. Here we would be paying $100 if we could find them.

Naturally he bought 4, but has promised himself that he won't buy another until at least the beginning of bulb-hunting season.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!