Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trail camera with txt to mobile

trail camera with txt to mobile

Hi
    I am looking for a trail camera that will alert me via my mobile txt or picture etc

Any one had any dealings with this type of trail camera and any recamendations?

Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for a trail camera that will alert me via my mobile txt or picture etc

Any one had any dealings with this type of trail camera and any recamendations?
    My mate uses a scout guard camera that dose that. Dose the job very well. I'll pm you some of the pics he has sent me.

Regards kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 28-07-2014 at 21:06.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by kev.rem700 View Post
    My mate uses a spy point camera that dose that. Dose the job very well. I'll pm you some of the pics he has sent me.

Regards kev
    Thanks Kev

Just be sure that the ability to send pictures will give you an advantage - if you are looking for poachers or live within a few minutes of the ground then it might be useful but for most purposes it is, in my view, not actually something that offers the stalker much practical advantage. The text-to-phone type cameras tend to be very expensive and have a reputation for being tricky to get to work plus they are harder on batteries. For the normal stalker buying 2 or 3 normal cameras and being able to watch deer movement across a larger area will give a clearer picture of what is happening on the ground and having to wait until you are on the ground to check the cameras is no big disadvantage, it just takes away the instant gratification factor.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Nice looking bit kit @£400.00 would need to upgrade house insurance be terrified of it going walkabout.

I am on the doorstep just need to open a window and on the job so to speak

...and of course, you'd need to place it somewhere with a signal....

..... and a few hundred SMS of a branch moving in the wind could prove repetitive and expensive!
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Ltl Acorn - need not say anymore.